Material Planner / Expeditor
Solihull - Site based with some flexibility once fully trained
Competitive salary plus a number of benefits including comprehensive bonus structure and BUPA healthcare
Permanent or Contract - Inside IR35
A Material Planner opportunity has become available for a manufacturing company who has over 50 years of engineering experience and supplies its products to the UK and worldwide.
This Material Planner role will ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity.
You must be able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements. Maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Previous experience of materials planning ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including the use Excel
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar - Epicor would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
For further information, please send your interest and CV to James Tilley -
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.