Do you likemaking people happy? Are youservice-orientedand enjoyinteracting with people daily? Kents Family grocery store is the perfect place for you and is one of the few hometown grocers left. Our associates work in different areas and departments of our stores but share a common goal of being friendly and offering the best service to all.
Key Responsibility and Accountabilities:
- Champions customer service programs to meet or exceed one of our Core Values of Customer Service!
- Answers questions from customers.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Ensures proper department pricing, stocking, rotating and merchandising meet company policies, procedures and objectives. Merchandises ad items effectively.
- Weighs, trays, grinds, wraps, and prices poultry and meat.
- Prevents sale of spoiled and outdated product by following laws and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating, processing re-worked or reduced-to-clear items, etc.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and legal regulations.
- Stocks and rotates product.
- Consolidates racks by moving trays from one rack to another.
- Cleans mirrors, glass etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed
- Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product labels.
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufactures guidelines and instructions.
- Properly handle related food products per State and County laws
- Reach lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 25 lbs. frequently and 30 - 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Perform repetitious arm movements required to wrap, slice and process products.
- Work for prolonged periods of time in a refrigerated area (12 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Work with hands exposed to moisture while handling and stocking poultry and meat.
- Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and dept. policies.
- Wear hats, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Law)