Mechanical Building Services Engineer - 6-month rolling contract - Up to £207.64 per day - 36.25 hrs pw Your new companyHays Building Services is working with a university based in the East Midlands, who require a Mechanical Building Services Engineer to work within the estates & facilities department on a 6-month rolling contract. The department employs over 1000 people and provide a wide range of services across their campuses.
Your new roleYou will assist in the management and maintenance of key HVAC and Mechanical building services assets. A core part of this role will be to manage appointed Mechanical / HVAC contractors, who will be carrying out planned and day-to-day repairs - you will ensure that the works carried out are to a high standard, attend contractor meetings, immobilise / demobilise contract where necessary, deal with potential disputes, create and manage associated schemes of work from conception to completion and provide technical advice and solutions when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Building Services maintenance, specifically mechanical, within a large organisation
- HNC / HND in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in statutory compliance, in areas such as legionella control, pressure safety systems or gas services in the public, HE or healthcare sectors.
- Proven track record of effectively managing contractors
- In-depth Mechanical technical knowledge
What you'll get in return
- 6-month rolling contract
- Up to £207.64 per day
- 36.25 hour per week
- Flexible working / Working from home
- Access to leading fitness / health facilities
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.