At the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), we are looking for the best and brightest. We offer you the opportunity to be mentored by international leaders in a location that offers a great quality of life, work with a seasoned multidisciplinary Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Spine team, operate in a new surgical annex dedicated to Spinal Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery, and State of the art technology including MISS, robotics, and stealth guidance.
The UAMS College of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, is seeking a neurosurgeon with fellowship training in Spine Surgery to join our dynamic and highly skilled faculty and actively participate in the education of residents and fellows.
Level 1 trauma coverage
Inpatient and outpatient care for spinal conditions
Clinical education of medical students, residents, and fellows
Engagement in scholarly activities that advance clinical medicine and result in peer-reviewed publications and presentations at regional and national meetings
M.D. or equivalent.
License to practice medicine or eligible for licensure with the Arkansas State Medical Board (ASMB)
Completion of an accredited Neurological Surgery Training Program
Candidate must be ABNS board eligible or certified
Completion of a fellowship in complex spinal surgery
Academic rank commensurate with experience
#4 Best State for a Medical Doctor to Live & Work
- Zippia, 2022
- #61 Best Cities to Live in America -Niche, 2022
- A growing southern city with 870,000+ population a stable economy and a moderate year-round climate
- Family-focused metro with 58 parks, nationally recognized zoo, water parks, and outstanding private schools
- Sportsperson's paradise with top-rated fly-fishing rivers and beautiful mountains for unlimited outdoor activities
- Regional hub city with an easy to use domestic airport offering 14 non-stop destinations daily
Reference: NS 9448