This role is being advertised by Savills Management Resources (SMR) a wholly owned entity of Savills (UK) Limited but a separate employing entity which is not accredited by Real Living Wage
Purpose of the Role
The Night security and customer service officers are responsible for following all site and company policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of the Queensgate Shopping Centre, Peterborough. This position is customer facing and frontline and therefore requires the relevant license to fulfill the overall requirements. This includes providing visible security cover, handling enquiries and customer concerns, monitoring CCTV (licence required), controlling contractors and deliveries to the Centre. Security Officers must ensure they are familiar with and adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures on site
To carry out all allocated security duties and CCTV monitoring as per the site s Assignment Instructions ensuring that:
1. Regular patrols of the Centre and Car Park are undertaken as per the site s patrol log and anything found which presents a hazard is dealt with immediately.
2. Instructions issued by the Security Supervisor or Facilities Manager are carried out in a timely manner ensuring the safety of the public is always prioritised.
3. Emergencies and evacuations are managed effectively, acting as the point of contact for tenants and emergency services to ensure that the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order are complied with.
4. The daily occurrence book is completed accurately, all incidents are recorded in the Incident Log and accidents are recorded in the accident forms.
5. Contractors arriving on site adhere fully to requirements for contractor management and site H&S in line with the company policy and site procedures.
6. The centre and car park are a safe and pleasant environment by dealing with incidents in a timely manner, keeping all areas clear of hazards, obstructions, litter, spillages, etc.
7. Enquiries from the public are dealt with professionally, visitors are greeted warmly and telephone calls are answered promptly.
8. In order to comply with the Security Industry Act 2001, officers must hold a valid SIA Security License and where necessary a Public Space Surveillance License
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in the provision of security services in a busy environment visited by members of the public.
- Be SIA licensed & CCTV licensed.
- Willingness to partake in further on-site training to include CCTV licensing if not already a holder.
- Able to demonstrate a good level of customer service.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deal with demanding situations.
- Honest and reliable work ethic.
- Well presented.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in both/internal and external environments.
- Flexible working approach to work patterns.