We Are Hiring:
Ascension Genesys Hospital is a state-of-the-art community teaching hospital with 410 beds, a level 2 emergency trauma center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and expanded clinical expertise in neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and surgical procedures in almost every specialty area including minimally invasive and robotic procedures.
We offer rewarding career paths for healthcare professionals across all disciplines. Ascension offers a collaborative environment with competitive wages and opportunities for advancement.
Nursing Assistant - 3S Telemetry
Full Time Nights: 7p-7:30a, M-F and QOWE, 72 hours per pay
Ascension Genesys - Grand Blanc, MI
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement plan with match
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Professional development
- Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
What You Will Do:
Facilitate the provision of patient care by performing basic, age appropriate nursing care to patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide care for the age group(s) served.
- Interpersonal skills/teamwork. Demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to facilitate unit functioning.
- Standards of Performance:
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to assist when asked.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to patient/unit needs.
- Knowledge of and adheres to patient s rights.
- Demonstrate compassion, concern, and respect to patients.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Productivity/Professional Behavior. Is a productive/professional member of a health care team.
- Standards of Performance:
- Show independence by completing duties with appropriate supervision.
- Utilize time in an efficient manner, completing daily activities in a timely and organized fashion.
- Show initiative in seeking out appropriate additional duties.
- Present self in a manner that promotes a positive image.
- Communicate identifies unit problems following appropriate chain of command and actively participates in the problem solving process.
- Work effectively with others.
- Attend 75% of department meetings and attends in-services regularly.
- Performsother related duties as requested and as directed.
- Patient Care Skills. Assists the RN/LPN with functions to promote, restore, and maintain optimum patient health.
- Standards of Performance:
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of a healthy work environment by: i. Accepting professional direction and leadership of the RN ii. Communication with RN, the progress of work assignment, problems encountered, or work completed.
- Perform patient hygiene activities, i.e. bathing, foot care, shaving, hair care, etc.
- Assist with patient mobility activities patient ambulation, transfers to chair, etc.
- Assist with transfer of patients from bed to stretcher/stretcher to bed.
- Assist with keeping patients clean, dry, and regularly turned to prevent skin breakdown.
- Perform non-sterile treatments.
- Assist monitoring and reporting of patient pain levels. Assists patients to achieve optimum comfort levels, i.e., repositioning.
- Ensure supplies are immediately available by retrieving and returning equipment per procedure.
- Perform other related duties as requested and directed.
- Patient Care Skills. Assists RN/LPN with inpatient and outpatient monitoring activities.
- Standards of Performance:
- Obtain patient related information and reports and documents per policy and procedure (to include vital signs, basic patient care, and valuables).
- Observe and report patient elimination patterns. Empties foley bags and records output.
- Complete I&O records.
- Obtain and record patient weights.
- Assist with preparation of patient for surgery and special procedures.
- Collect non-sterile specimens.
- Recognize and report abnormal or unusual situations on a timely basis, i.e. pain, respiratory distress, skin temperature or color changes, skin pressure areas, etc.
- Utilize computer entry as directed.
- Per policy, observe patients in restraints for comfort and safety. Ensure that restraint is not restrictive to extremities. Offer food, fluid, and toileting opportunities per policy.
- Dietary-Assists patients with meals, snacks; a)Prepares patient for meal service; b)Assists patients with menu selection, meal service as needed; c)Collects soiled trays from patients in timely manner, takes trays to soiled utility room as needed; d)Delivers snacks to patient as requested; e)Records patient food intake; f)Communicates patient eating problems to appropriate personnel; g)Orders non-food
& food items; h)Performs other related dietary duties as assigned.
- Transportation-Transports patients in safe, efficient, timely manner; a) Uses proper transfer techniques when moving patients; b) Observes patient condition, notifies appropriate personnel of changes in status.
- Safety-Maintains safe environment for patients, co-workers; a)Recognizes unsafe conditions, takes action or reports conditions to supervisor immediately; b) Uses Universal Precautions to protect patients, self from infection, c)Demonstrates awareness of, concern for patient safety; d)Closely observes patients at risk for fall or injury, follows all related practice guidelines; e)Reports, turns in broken or damaged equipment immediately; f)Operates all mechanical and electrical equipment in safe, conscientious manner at all times; g)Uses correct techniques to dispose of biomedical waste materials; h)Practices proper body mechanics in daily work activities.
- Quality Improvement--Participates in quality assessment/quality improvement (QI) activities; a)Includes safety, universal precautions, other activities as assigned; b)Completes QI data collection activities as requested; c)Participates in implementing corrective action plans for improvement; d) Utilizes cost containment measures in daily practice; e)Participates in developing corrective action plans for improvement.
- Environmental Services--Perform limited housekeeping activities in select areas (MPU) as needed.
- Compliance--Comply with department, Medical Center policies & procedures, standards, rules of conduct; complies with absenteeism & tardiness policies.
- Essential Functions:
- Mobility to move from room to room, between dept and to rapidly initiate, complete patient care evacuation procedures, ability to move standard patient care equipment, supplies; ability to lift, move, support, transfer, assist patients; includes but not limited to utilizing transfer techniques such as standing pivot, sliding board, 2&3 person lifts, sheet assists;
- Manual dexterity to perform patient treatments, manipulate tools, instruments, commonly used equipment;
- Organizational skills as well as observation, problem solving, collecting patient data, identifying, responding to unusual or abnormal situations;
- Interpersonal and written communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with patients, families, staff, physicians;
- Ability to walk, stoop, reach to carry out routine cleaning functions;
- Ability to push, pull carts weighing several hundred pounds;
- Ability to climb, work from ladders.
- Working Conditions: Setting is generally a clinical nursing unit; work requires prolonged standing, working, lifting; may be exposed to patient illness, communicable diseases, blood hazards, hazardous chemicals; duties must be completed regardless of frequent interruptions.
- Orientation Requirements: Must attend new employee; department orientations.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Current Michigan certification as a Nurse Aide is required at hire or must be obtained prior to hire, or at least 6 months acute care Nurse aid or Patient Care Technician experience required, or have completed the first year of clinical rotation in a school of nursing required. It is not required for Nursing Assistants to maintain certification after hire while actively working in the Nursing Assistant role. Certification is not required for internal transferees; renewal is not required. Nurses Aide certification is not required for applicants who have completed the first year of clinical rotation in a school of nursing.
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required.
- Some experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Genesys is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.