Job Title: Outpatient Occupational Therapist
Job Location: Lincoln
Immediate Supervisor: Outpatient Clinical Supervisor Occupational Therapy
Status: Hourly JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for planning and administering occupational therapy treatment programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability. Deliver quality patient care from admission through discharge including patient and family education/training as well as outcomes assessment. Maintain accurate and timely documentation including monitoring visit utilization and insurance authorization. Responsible for designing and constructing special equipment, splints/orthotics or casts for patients, and suggesting adaptations of patient's work-living environment. Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Select, administer and interpret appropriate evaluation procedures for patients.
- Compile, record and analyze evaluation information in order to assist in establishing a treatment program.
- Identify problems, formulate functional treatment goals and coordinate individual patient treatment programs.
- Record pertinent patient information in order to document changes and comply with legal and ethical standards, including daily charting, team summary, plan of care, insurance justifications, initial and discharge summaries and patient exercise programs.
- Record daily treatment charges and equipment/supply billing in order to insure fair and accurate financial records.
- Analyze and revise treatment programs to insure continuing appropriate intervention.
- Modify therapeutic interventions to accommodate the age of the patient population.
- Accurately completes outcomes tools.
- Compile, record and analyze information through chart audits in order to ensure quality documentation.
- Assist in obtaining customer satisfaction data.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Provide or delegate occupational therapy treatment to patients, including but not limited to activities of daily living, functional activities, therapeutic exercise, fine and gross motor coordination, home assessments, visual/perceptual and sensory activities, equipment adaptations/modifications, and appropriate utilization of group therapies in order to facilitate patient recovery.
- Instruct patients and families/caregivers in functional activities and exercise programs in order to facilitate follow up on discharge.
- Assist patients and families with recommendations, ordering, fitting and modification of needed equipment.
- Provide education regarding the patient's condition and/or disease process so that patients and families will have a basic understanding.
- Participate, confer and negotiate at team meetings to develop an appropriate team plan for each patient.
- Supervise occupational therapy assistants, rehab associates, students and volunteers.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, staff, outside contacts/sources.
- Follow instruction from supervisor and clinic manager to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and the program.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus, and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Positively involved and active with professional referral relationship building.
- Complete department and facility competencies.
- Assist with planning and coordination of new staff orientation and provides advice and guidance for new staff members.
- Instruct and teach staff new information through in-services.
- Participate and assist in department and facility committees and/or task forces.
- Instruct and teach students from professional programs for occupational therapist and occupational therapy assistants.
- Provide information to community and consumer groups through speaking engagements, lectures and workshops.
Medium work with frequent lifting. Moderate assist times 1 transfers for a patient of 250 pounds who is able to use his/her upper extremities for support routinely requires pulling/lifting force of approximately 50 pounds to be generated in order to complete a safe transfer. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials. May be exposed to patients who are in an agitated or aggressive state. May be prolonged exposure to high temperature and humid conditions and to disinfecting chemicals used in the pool. Mobility required for travel to scheduled events or meetings as needed.QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelors, Masters Degree, Doctorate in occupational therapy, or be eligible for certification. Must possess current Nebraska licensure or temporary Nebraska license pending successful completion of licensing examination. Must possess current Nebraska licensure for physical agent modalities (to include superficial thermal agents, deep thermal agents and electrotherapeutic agents) or obtain within 6 months from date of hire. CPR for Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer required at time of hire or within 30 days from date of hire.
May be required to drive a motor vehicle. If required to drive, must have current valid Nebraska driverâ s license, must submit a copy of current driverâ s abstract reflecting a good driving record, and have the required mobility needed to drive. MADONNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER