Mark Jackson is an independent financial services practice of Thrivent Financial. We take a broad-based approach to helping our members achieve multiple financial goals. Thrivent Northern Michigan Group helps our members analyze their current situation, develop in-depth financial programs, and help them implement an integrated financial strategy.
Thrivent Financial is a faith-based, not-for-profit financial services organization with approximately 2.6 million members. As the nation's largest fraternal benefit society, we're here solely to help others. We help every day through the financial solutions we offer, the member activities we support, and the resources we provide to the Christian community and nonprofit organizations.
This position provides administrative support to Mark Jackson. This role is critical to our member experience and requires a friendly, upbeat demeanor. The incumbent supports the daily operations of the practice, including, but not limited to: answering the phones, meeting/greeting members, handling/distributing postal mail and practice email, ordering supplies, utilizing Thrivent Financial computer systems and programs in support of client relations, and other administrative tasks as assigned. The Office Professional reports to and is employed by Mark Jackson.
- Handles incoming telephone calls to Mark Jackson and Cameron Bernicki, Financial Advisors, and responds to requests for information
- Performs routine administrative duties such as maintaining office supplies and processing mail
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of routine correspondence, reports, and special projects typically of a routine nature
- Supports projects, administration of various programs, and processing functions as needed
- Drive client/member facing activity in the practice by scheduling meetings with client/members on behalf of the practices Financial Representatives
- Update the contact management system with client/member contact and preference information
- Assist Financial representatives in the preparation and follow up for the client/member meetings
- Tracks practice expenses and oversees the practice bill paying
- Provides back-up support on tasks that do not require any type of licensing or registration for other staff members, as needed
- Participates in the business planning process
- Completes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience desired
- Strong technical computer aptitude and knowledge of business tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or ability to learn
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
- Basic understanding of Thrivent Northern Michigan Group our products and services, and Thrivent Financial
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must be able to work with all roles of the Thrivent Northern Michigan Group
- Must be able to represent the organization in work with external clients
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain relationships with outside organizations
As part of Thrivent Northern Michigan Group recruiting/hiring/contracting process, a verification of a candidate's background will be made to complete the hiring/contracting process. In addition, fingerprints will be taken for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records.