ICS - Onboarding Manager, Colleague Experience
The Onboarding Manager delivers an exceptional preboarding and onboarding experience for new hires and boomerang candidates joining the firm. The Onboarding Manager leads a team of onboarding specialists to drive process improvements to elevate the experience for our hires and cultivates relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the professional growth, development, and coaching of Onboarding Associates and Coordinators on the Onboarding team
- Serve as a primary point of escalation by the Onboarding team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and lead opportunities for process improvements to increase efficiencies across the entire onboarding experience
- Optimize utilization and manage the individual performance of the Onboarding Associates against KPIs and feedback from stakeholders
- Maintain and oversee the creation of standard operating procedures for the Onboarding team
- Identify opportunities for process and experiential improvements and then leverage project management experience to implement those opportunities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure all Onboarding activities are aligned based on firm goals and priorities, and leverage best practices across teams to mitigate risk
- Cultivate a high touch and inclusive onboarding experience that engages new hires and acclimates them to our core values and processes
- Provide project management leadership in establishing timelines and project plans for supporting large incoming hire classes
- Support the onboarding of new hire and boomerang candidates by executing tasks such as adjudicating background checks, pending worker processing, transcript requirement validation, and auditing onboarding action completion by hires
- Moderate new hire orientation on a rotational basis; delivering key content, introducing and transitioning between facilitators, and addressing questions
- Partner with various SMEs and the Learning & Development team to drive content development and training facilitation
- Coordinate with IT on the shipment and delivery of new hire technology and equipment
- Prepare and maintain template communications and onboarding toolkits for use by P&C and other internal stakeholder groups
- Monitor firm onboarding inbox and answer general questions or route inquiries as needed
- Provide support to I-9 verifiers; auditing I-9s to mitigate risk and ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
- Supports the Director of Colleague Experience on ongoing projects and strategic initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years in Onboarding/Recruiting/HR Operations experience
- Ability to provide immediate feedback and mentorship to aid in team development, growth, and success
- Proven ability to navigate seamlessly between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Strong executive presence and experience interacting with Senior leaders
- Ability to successfully operate in a high volume environment with competing priorities
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, and responsiveness
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Engaging and professional written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced technology skills with proficiency in Office 365 including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to use sound judgment to drive competing issues to resolution
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic and rapidly changing organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in an ethical, professional manner
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Oracle-HCM
At Grant Thornton, we believe in making business more personal and building trust into every result for our clients and you. Here, we go beyond your expectations of a career in professional services by offering a career path with more: more opportunity, more flexibility, and more support. Its what makes us different, and we think being different makes us better.
About the Team
The team youre about to join is ready to help you thrive. Heres how:
Whether its your work location, weekly schedule or unlimited flex time off, we empower you with the options to work in the way that best serves your clients and your life.
Here, you are supported to prioritize your overall well-being through work-life integration options that work best for your and those in your household.
We understand that your needs, responsibilities and experiences are different and we think thats a good thing. Thats why we support you with personalized and comprehensive benefits that recognize and empower all the identities, roles and aspirations that make you, well, you. See how at
When it comes to inclusion, we are committed to doing more than checking boxes. Explore all the ways were taking action for diversity, equity & inclusion at
Heres what you can expect next:
If you apply and are selected to interview, a Grant Thornton team member will reach out to you to schedule a time to connect. We encourage you to also check out other roles that may be a good fit for you or get to know us a little bit better at
It is the policy of Grant Thornton to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions (including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, evaluations, and termination) are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital or civil union status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic predisposition or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws, it is the policy of Grant Thornton LLP to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. To make an accommodation request, please contact .
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.