Job Details What you will do
How you will do it
- The Global Products Operations Planning and Materials Center Of Excellence Manager Global Supply and Inventory Planning COE Manager will report to the Executive Director, Global S&OPC Planning & Materials leader Controls for Global Ops, Global Products.
- The GP Operations Planning and Materials Center Of Excellence Manager Global Supply and Inventory Planning COE Manager is the leading authority of Supply Chain Planning & Fulfillment on areas within Global Products enabling and demonstrating strategic leadership, subject matter expertise, and experience to drive optimization of supply operations and inventory with the enabling digital technologies while enabling customer satisfaction.
- Working with the operating units this role will facilitate and coordinate their planning and execution to ensure they are operating at entitled levels of Inventory while achieving operating efficiency and effectiveness in meeting business metrics.
- You will be an integral member of the Global Products Planning & Materials Center of Excellence, building capabilities, in the COE and the business units in supply planning and inventory management with a supporting role in demand planning.
- In the longer term, this role is expected to develop & lead the SC Planning Operational Centers of Expertise (OCoEs) within each region.
- You will additionally be the key integration point for the development of Integrated Business Planning Supply Chain Planning, especially participating in the development of the Supply Review and S&OE steps from internal factory and supply constraints. Outputs of the supply planning process are critical inputs to the successful enablement of robust S&OP and S&OE operating cadences IBP.
- You will lead the implementation of processes, tools, and training to drive accuracy, efficiency, and accountability in all aspects of supply planning (rough cut capacity planning, production planning, scheduling, and replenishment planning) and inventory policy, planning & execution.
- You will influence key decision-making processes with direct connection to customer delivery and business working capital improvements.
- The role will support the selection and implementation of software systems to support the processes along with driving ongoing sustainability & optimization of those systems.
What we look forRequired
- Referencing experience, subject matter expertise, and industry standard processes to craft and implement world-class Supply planning and Inventory management capability across the JCI Global Products business with an end- to- end business process/VSM maps for all PBUs and build a common set of policies and procedures.
- Lead and participate in Kaizen workshops focused on Transactional Lean events the eliminate non-value steps and reduce LT to customer and improved customer delivery
- With proven experience and effective coaching will lead to integration and adoption of supply and Inventory planning practices; Focus on efficiency & effectiveness of the enterprise system applying Lean Methodologies to achieve the performance improvement.
- Through leadership, influence, and relationship building, must work effectively with each business unit to develop and progress along their Planning and Materials maturity ensuring alignment with the JCI Global Products IBP Playbook COE guidelines.
- Will help to develop a culture of accountability supporting the tracking, action planning, and measurable improvement of critical supply chain planning KPIs ... define the process mission, vision, tactics, goals, objectives, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and the measures that are aligned with the organization strategies
- Bachelor's degree recommended with majors in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Computer Science, Marketing or Business Administration preferred
- Fifteen+ to twenty years' experience in Global professional experience of IBP or Supply Chain Planning in complicated environments and detailed knowledge of Supply Planning and Inventory Management
- Five + years of project management experience with proven track record to lead through influence
- Experience leading teams including employees and contractors
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Inventory planning software. BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Cliq)
- Experience in edge software's and digital tools enabling the digital supply chain transformation (Supplier Collaboration, Clear to Build, Financial forecasting)
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma methodology and leading process improvement projects
- Ability to travel up to 25% including international
Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.