We Are Hiring:
PCT Patient Care Technician - Oncology
Ascension Via Christi, St. Francis Hospital
Full-time, Night Shift, 3 12 hr shifts/week, 7pm-7:30am
Rotating weekends & holidays required
Our 40 private bed unit is the only provider in Kansas outside the Kansas City metro area to offer inpatient Cart-T therapy. The advancements in cellular therapy provide plentiful opportunities for growth and development of our associates.
Our dedicated staff provide compassionate care for our patients who often become extensions of our family. The manager defines teamwork as involving staff in the decision making process to provide the best care for patients.
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In FY2021, Ascension provided $2.3 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. In the last several years, Ascension Via Christi has provided $77 million in community benefit.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintain medical equipment.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- High School Diploma or GED or an active CNA Certification required.
- No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.