Our client, a premier UK-headquartered law firm, is looking to recruit an experienced People Operations Lead for their London office. The People Operations Lead is responsible for leading HR Operations (HR systems, data, processes, policies, compliance and reward) across the UK and Asia offices.
Key responsibilities will include:
HR Policies and Templates:
- Ensures the people policies are up to date, relevant & accessible. Works with Asia colleagues to determine which policies are local and which are global
- Ensures the firm's policies are progressive, aligned with strategy and values and legally compliant. Drafts new policies as required.
- Ensures the People team templates folder is up to date and works with the wider team to ensure that all precedents remain up to date and relevant
Systems, Processes and Reporting:
- Responsible (via the Systems team) for the firm's People data.
- Works closely with the Systems Manager and Systems Analyst to ensure that the people systems (Success Factors and Darwin, Benefits) are fit for purpose
- Oversees the introduction of new functionality and ensures this is communicated effectively to the wider business, taking into account key change management implications.
- Works with the systems team on the implementation of new modules to the firm's HR system. Ensures that the right stakeholders are involved and the business case is submitted at the appropriate time
- Responsible for developing and managing People data reports e.g. leads on the Pirical on Demand app, working closely with the external provider on improvements and new ways of reporting the firm's people data. Leads the P&TD drive to move towards being a data driven team.
- Ensures that the regular People processes (bi-annual salary, bonus & promotions review & budgeting) are carried out at the appropriate times and oversees the completion of these processes. In particular, designs the timetable and liaises closely with the Heads of People Advisory and the Asia People team to ensure timescales are realistic and achievable. Ensures these processes are scheduled into board ("PEX") meetings
- Regularly reviews the background screening processes for new joiners to ensure efficiency and legal compliance. Liaises with the Risk team where appropriate to ensure the firm is meeting its background checking obligations (e.g. legal regulatory body checks with the SRA)
- Works closely with the L&D team to ensure the Quarterly Conversations timetable is delivered at the appropriate times throughout the year
- Works with the I&D team to deliver the firm's annual Gender and Ethnicity pay gap reporting. Drafts the final report and publishes the firm's data on the government website
- Works closely with the firm's Data Protection Manager to ensure all the People processes are compliant in respect of data protection regulations
- Maintains the firm's annual sponsor licence via the Home Office. Works with the external immigration advisors to ensure the firm remains compliant with its obligations around the annual certificate of sponsorships
People Team Management:
- Line management responsibility for the People Operations team (Process & systems manager and analyst) and Reward & Operations Manager
- Identifies learning and development needs for Operations team and takes steps to address proactively ensuring timely feedback is given. Conducts regular QC's for all reports
- Oversees the firm's partner and staff benefit programmes
- Is the main liaison with the firm's external benefits consultancy in respect of system upgrades, benefit reviews and annual maintenance windows
- Leads on the annual broking of both staff and partner risk benefits. Liaising with the external broker to ensure that we are offering the right level of risk benefit at the right price
- Leads on the annual private medical scheme renewal with the provider and the broker. Communicates to the wider business as part of the annual renewal
- Manages any ad hoc communications regarding benefit offerings to ensure employees are aware of the benefit windows e.g. holiday flex, PMI, pension, mortgage surgeries
- In conjunction with the firm's payroll manager, oversees the firm's pension scheme to ensure it remains competitive and compliant. Conducts regular fund reviews with the external pension consultant
- Leads on the annual budgeting process for the People team
- Liaises with members of the People team regarding their budget submissions and ensures the budget is submitted to finance as per the deadlines
- Attends monthly meetings with members of finance to manage the People budget. Escalates issues to the Director of P&TD as appropriate
Reward and Recognition:
- Oversees the firm's reward and recognition programme
- Approves awards in a timely manner and sends out appropriate instructions so that individuals are aware of the process and sends out appropriate instructions so that individuals are aware of the process
- Reviews scheme usage on a regular basis and reports on usage and trends
Health & Wellbeing:
- Responsible for the firm's health and wellbeing programmes, working closely with the Responsible Business team and the social committee where appropriate
- Ensures any events are publicised on the firm's intranet
- Works closely with the Asia health and wellbeing team to ensure events are offered on a global scale where possible. Keeps up to date with any Asia specific events and ensures they are aligned to the UK programmes where necessary
The ideal candidate for this People Operations Lead role will have strong human resources operations experience in a legal or professional services environment. You will have strong communication skills and the ability to interact constructively with all levels of management, staff and external contacts. You will have a sound knowledge of managing a benefits programme and the software that supports this. Excellent organizational and time management skills are a must, and you will be proactive, motivated and able to work autonomously and flexibly.