Physical Therapist (PT) - Instructor for PTA program
PT Job Summary:
We are looking for a talented Physical Therapist for a permanent position as a full time Instructor for a Physical Therapy Assistant program in Modesto, CA. This is a rare opportunity for those who have a passion for teaching and assisting their team in developing exceptional methodologies. If you have been looking for a different career path, this may be the fulfilling change you had in mind.
- Prepare lesson plans and teach course load per college/school department policy and procedures
- Assist with the review, revision and create materials for use in instruction as part of the course load
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding course objectives and makes necessary provisions to meet learning needs
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grads at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts
- Prepare and maintain classroom and/or lab facilities
- Assist the Program Director with student applicants for admission into the program
- Ensure compliance with all accreditation standards for the program
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist program, or deemed equivalent program
- Licensed Physical Therapist - Any US state Physical Therapy current licensure
- Minimum 1 year of clinical experience as a Physical Therapist - Prefer Acute/Neuro/IP experience
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem solving and counseling skills
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Able to travel as needed
- Prefer previous teaching experience in a PT/PTA academic program or clinical instructor
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.