Physician Assistant - Foot and Ankle
Emanuel Medical Ctr campusOverview
We have a very clear mission at Legacy: to make life better for our patients, our community and each other. We show it every day, in everything we do. At Legacy, we have a fundamental responsibility to improve the wellness of everyone we touch and empower people to live healthier lives. If you are interested in joining a team that is making a difference, we would like to talk with you.
Legacy is recruiting a Foot and Ankle Physician Assistant for our Mount Hood Clinic. Our clinics support the local communities by providing services to a variety of patient population. With more than 25 clinics serving Portland, the surrounding communities and rural locations such as Silverton, Keizer, Sandy and St. Helens, Legacy is helping keep the Pacific Northwest healthy.
- Under the direction of the Physician Assistant s Supervising Physician or Designated Agent, provide medical and surgical services to patients of the assigned clinic.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of practice as a dependent medical practitioner.
Qualification and Licensure Requirements
- Requires Bachelor s degree and successful completion of a physician assistant program accredited by any of the following accrediting bodies:
- Committee on Allied Health, Education Accreditation of the American Medical Association (CAHEA).
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Accreditation Review Commission on the Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Requires experience in direct patient management in the surgical subspecialty of vascular, neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery (depending on assignment).
- Surgical assisting experience required.
- Knowledge of acute and chronic disease states, administration and prescription of medications, and delivering physical care following treatment plan.
- Current Oregon State PA license.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification from the American Heart Association
- Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy s Values in Action.
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related services to the underserved
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive salary, hire-on bonuses, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled Qualifications