MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Planned Works Surveyor to join a local authority based in Godalming, Surrey.
My client is looking for someone who can carry out the following:
- Dealing with planned work, cyclical and improvement programmes of work
- Managing the spend of capital and cyclical budgets for delegated projects with budgets in excess of £1m per annum
- Reviewing and authorizing of high value payment applications and invoices
- Managing under preforming contracts and developing action plans
- Resolving contractual disputes, preparing evidential cases for escalation
- Contributing information to resolve complaints and resident and Member enquiries
My client can offer hybrid working.
This will be an interim position paying £250p/d Umbrella.
- To design, specify and programme mange the delivery of cyclical works, planned maintenance programmes and capital improvement projects.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the contract administration including day to day oversight of work in progress of cyclical and planned works. Building robust relationships with our contractors to delivery high quality cost effective work.
- Provide professional assessment of the condition of the Council's housing stock including the specification of subsequently required remedial works
- To deliver projects from inception through to completion ensuring that they are delivered on time, meeting the required quality standards and provide value for money within agreed budgetary thresholds.
- Responsible for capital improvement projects, planned maintenance and cyclical programmes of work as allocated by the Senior Surveyor, including the contract procurement, contract administration, programme management, delivery and associated processes.
- Responsibility to ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered too during the lifecycle of the project such as adherence to Section 20 leaseholder consultation process, planning permission applications and building control inspection and sign off.
- Ensure that qualifying works are completed to satisfactory standards within the agreed timescales, within budget and to the expected quality standards.
- Liaison with Resident Support Officers and contractors to ensure that the needs of our residents are considered and appropriate, ensuring that reasonable measures are taken to enable the cyclical and planed maintenance works to be undertaken.
- Provide information to the Asset Management Team to assist in the development of annual programmes of work, including future investment and to inform budgetary setting.
- Working alongside the Clerk of Works monitor and inspect the standards of workmanship on site, reviewing the contractors performance and resident satisfaction to ensure the expected standards are achieved.
- Ensure all defects are logged and rectified within agreed timeframes.
- Prepare and present estimates of work, technical specifications and briefs to develop and ultimately procure contracts ensuring that the Council's Contract Procurement Regulations are adhered to.
- Chair both pre site contract meetings and operational delivery meetings during the course of the works, recording minutes appropriately to ensure that performance, quality, time and value for money is being achieved.
- Challenge poor performance and develop remedial action plans to safeguard the Council and its residents where performance is failing, escalating issues and concerns to the Senior Surveyor in a timely manner.
- Provide technical advice and support to Housing Operations colleagues to advice on the feasibility and impact of tenant request for alterations to their homes, following the documented process and service level agreements.
- Provide regular financial and performance information to the Stock Investment Manager and Senior Surveyor to feed into management reports.
- Ensure that the housing and property management systems are regularly and adequately updated to ensure the validity and accuracy of work orders, stock and asset information.
- Raise and authorise works to the delegated authority of the post holder
- Ensure that all required purchase orders are issued to contractors to enable invoice payments to be processed in a timely manner.
- Review and validate all variation orders, applications for payment and invoices within the specified and agreed contractual terms and conditions to enable financial and budgetary control.
- Challenge and escalate concerns in relation to irregularities in applications for payment, conforming to the contractual process, terms and conditions.
- Provide information to the Stock Investment Manager to enable budget setting and business planning.
- Ensure that the procurement of qualifying works is in line with the Council Contract Procurement Regulations and Financial Regulations
- Act as contract administrator for projects that have been delegated by the Senior Surveyor
- Chair regular operational meetings with planned works and cyclical works contractors as appropriate to review resourcing, programme progression against timescales, service delivery, resident satisfaction and addressing performance or contractual issues as they arise.
- Monitor and record contractor performance regularly producing associated suite of Key Performance Indicators that can be reviewed at both operational and strategic meetings.
- Ensure that contracts are compliant with H&S legislation and regulations alongside Council specific policy and procedures; liaising with the Compliance Manager to escalate or seek clarification on concerns or matters arising.
Title: Planned Works Surveyor
Rate: £250p/d Umbrella
Location: Godalming, Surrey