Discover impactful work managing relationships with vendors producing equipment and accessories and handling legal agreements and contracts with those partners.
In addition, the candidate will work within the Product Management group with Operations and R&D to define product line cost and margin performance while maintaining quality and fulfilling or exceeding customer expectations in a competitive landscape.
This role will support associated products from both our San Jose and Bremen LCMS product lines and can be located either in San Jose (CA) or remote USA
- Feature Selection and Value Development Work with vendors and product managers to select and develop product features and validates with customers before product introduction.
- Product Commercialization Tracks forecasting and product shipments.
- Responsible for delivering technical presentations to the sales organization as well as to key customers.
- Product Lifecycle Management Defines product roadmap and ensures it is regularly updated.
- Handles overall product lifecycle including product discontinuance, obsolescence, and retirement, maintaining driven pricing/margin, leading, and carrying out all Release for Sale product related components, and driving product improvement (including software).
- Collateral Development Where input is required from the Product Marketing team, ensures material is prepared and ready for all seminars/shows/conferences.
- Participates in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) teams.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or equivalent.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5+ Experience in product/project management, R&D or related experience with mass spectrometry is desired.
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus (such as SAP)
- Experience handling an entire product line lifecycle.
- Experience interacting with customers and partners for technical and/or product integration.
- Strong attention to detail on products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Degree required and subject area.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.