Production Equipment Maintenance Technician
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation, and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
As a Production Equipment Maintenance Technician, you will directly impact the Company's ability to effectively manufacture product. Using your troubleshooting and repair knowledge, you'll help to ensure that our production equipment operates at peak performance.
This is a challenging, high-profile role that offers the opportunity to take your education, experience, and ideas and turn them into reality. Creativity, innovation, and an excitement for high-availability equipment maintenance will enable you to excel in this position. In this role, you will work with a skilled team of maintenance technicians who are responsible for the day-to-day preventative maintenance and repair of all the production equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery by completing repairs and preventive maintenance on production machines, following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoots to source of problem by observing equipment in operation, as well as in non-running condition, using maintenance best practices and proper test equipment.
- Identifies specific parts required for repair via parts manuals, contacting equipment manufacturers, etc.
- Proposes temporary repairs when proper repair parts are not readily available.
- Performs repairs and adjustments to return equipment to proper operational state.
- In conjunction with other departments, determines how to decrease equipment downtime, and helps enact the required changes.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in the CMMS software.
- Maintains and increases technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks, and on-the-job mentoring.
- Raises the bar through questioning of repeat failures to determine deeper root cause and preventative measures.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is 2 nd shift
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Three or more years of related experience in a factory/warehouse environment is required
It would be great if you had:
- A High School Diploma or GED
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries starting at $20.00 per hour
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program