A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment, hand tools and jobsite power and lighting solutions. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement and unlimited growth opportunities. Our more than seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our commitment to delivering quality and service to our customers, exercising environmental stewardship, enhancing the well-being of our employees and giving back to the communities in which we work and live. How will you power what's possible?
Location: Carrollton, GA
Starting Pay Rate: $24.95
The Production Lead is the main interface with the operators on the production floor as well as management. This person provides the minute-by-minute and hour-by-hour direction to the hourly work force in the department.
- Support the Site/Corporate Quality and Scrap Reduction goals, objectives and values
- Verify product and/or raw materials for assigned equipment/area
- Perform, review and document required Quality Checks as outlined by process documents (i.e. Day by Hour)
- Support and communicate scrap reduction techniques to assigned equipment/area
- Complete and report Shift Lead Summary documents as required for the Daily Huddle Process by end of assigned shift to Supervisor
- Communicate and Educate direct reports on product specification and benchmarks
- Assist direct reports with required quality checks, sample testing or review and required calculations
- Drive the overall performance of the area to ensure that production activities occur as scheduled within the plan.
- Ensure that the attainment to plan is monitored and that production accurately produces the volumes detailed on this plan.
- Promote processes and standards within the assigned area
- Ensure raw materials are available at the required time and meet quality standards and conform to product specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is set up safely/correctly/to standard, not ill-used, causing danger of breakdown or damage, is maintained in a clean/hygienic condition, and rectified in a timely fashion
- Ensure production records are accurately completed within the requisite timescale
- Drive continuous improvement methodology and principles within the area to improve operational performance.
- Maintain close liaison with other Lead Operators, Supervision and Management to ensure minimum downtime and waste and ensure effective utilization of staff throughout assigned area
- Communicate with Maintenance for mechanical and/or electrical issues. Record and/or notify Direct Supervisor of Maintenance calls
- Ensure that employees are adequately trained and sufficiently flexible to maintain continuity of production.
- Oversee the day to day management of employees in all areas and assist with troubleshooting
- Monitor attendance of employees and refer unsatisfactory attendance or timekeeping to the Direct Supervisor and/or Manager
- Monitor and provide line support for break times and deal with any issues as and when they occur
- Ensure standards of behavior are adhered to and refer any repeated non-conformance to the Direct Supervisor and/or Manager
- Ensure time spent on productive work is maximized
- Motivate, develop and encourage team members to maximize productive work while keeping all staff well informed.
- Provide coaching to assigned employees within area
- Serve as a point of contact for employees in training or new to the task
- Assist with completion of evaluations for new employees or team members in area, ensuring clear feedback and goals are set
- Understanding of fundamental manufacturing process, preferable in a wire and cable operation
- Must have no final documented discipline
- Understanding of OPS, basic quality requirements, and safety at a VPP level
- Good people skills and the patience to develop the next wave of production leaders in the plant
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching & Pension Plan (Eligible for Pension after 1,000 Hours Worked)
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.