IFS - Information Technology (IT) Industry/Sector:
Not Applicable Time Type:
Full time Travel Requirements:
Up to 20%
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change.
Our team has responsibility and ownership for the strategy, management and delivery of technology services that are essential to business systems and applications.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The primary focus of this team is to manage regional Technology & Security Operations Infrastructure Services to achieve SLA targets/performance expectations. Working with client-facing stakeholders/internal firm resources to establish & deliver optimal solutions with careful consideration of total cost of ownership and adherence to Firm requirements. Including reviewing support delivery from IT suppliers, handling escalations, coordinating maintenance, budgeting, and roadmap execution. Job Requirements and Preferences
: Basic Qualifications
: Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma Minimum Years of Experience
4 year(s) Preferred Qualifications
: Degree Preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred Fields of Study
Information Technology Certification(s) Preferred
ITIL Foundation, CompTIA A+, Azure Fundamentals. Preferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in:
- Working knowledge of US Technology infrastructure as well as Azure Cloud basics and the ability to understand the general architecture, design, and operating characteristics;
- Understanding and executing the business needs fulfilled by the assigned infrastructure operations technical environment;
- Working in industry standard, large scale enterprise systems in assigned areas which will be one or more of the following including Platform, Storage, Database, Cloud, Web & App, Messaging and Collaboration, Change Management, Service Management, Configuration Management and/or Security Operations;
- Understanding of how organizations are structured and how IT is positioned to support and enable business needs;
- Demonstrating comfortability working in a matrix environment and working proactively to build relationships with internal customers and resolve IT issues;
- Demonstrating comfortability working in a fast paced environment where priorities constantly change to continually support the needs of the business;
- Operating with independent authority and judgment to resolve technical issues that pertain to the business applications;
- Maintaining continuity of technical knowledge that is significant to the successful operations of businesses;
- Governing, supporting, and monitoring IT operational enterprise infrastructure services;
- Managing technical teams and escalation process, adhering to service management release, change, configuration, incident and problem management processes;
- Managing vendor support contracts, licensing agreements and budgeting;
- Managing small efforts, operational projects and facilitation of miscellaneous IT-driven requests;
- Understanding of ServiceNow and how it is used to implement ITIL best practices to deliver quality service to internal firm clients by acting as a primary point of contact for the infrastructure services;
- Exercising independent judgment to escalate issues for resolution and meet service level agreements;
- Combining technical knowledge with relevant contextual information considering upper level management informational needs to produce effective executive summaries and communications;
- Creating automations, visualizations and workflows, with hands on experience with Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI;
- Influencing the operations and improvements to services for respective sponsors and stakeholders; and,
- Monitoring cost recovery for the services managed.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more:
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: