Project Accountant - ( O ) Description
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services. Your Opportunity
Take the first step towards designing your career with Stantec. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Project Accountant (PA). Reporting to a Project Accounting Lead (PAL), in this role you will be responsible for the overall financial management of a portfolio of projects within Stantec's controls, policies and practices. Your Key Responsibilities
Qualifications Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Financial management of projects assigned by the Project Accounting Lead (PAL), which includes but is not limited to project setup, maintenance, invoicing, and project closure.
- Provide excellent customer service and a customer-centric focus, while providing a quality of work that consistently meets or exceeds expectations.
- Build strong relationships with and serve as a trusted advisor to our internal business partners including Project Managers (PM) and Project Manager Assistants (PMA).
- Build and maintain relationships with other Project Accountants and other FST members, including Finance Managers, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, to ensure collaborative teamwork.
- Independently organize and prioritize workload to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Escalate concerns/issues to PAL as required.
- Implement process or procedural changes identified and rolled out by management.
- Collaborate with PM and PMA to recommend an appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS), issue accurate and contractually compliant invoices, and perform other ad hoc functions as requested.
- Evaluate project setup and budget change documentation to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, internal controls and IFRS.
- Collaborate with Stantec's finance team in Pune, India to ensure timely delivery and accurate completion of tasks they support.
- Prepare internal and external audit support and respond to inquiries from PA Leadership and Finance Managers.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Project Accounting or related experience preferred but not required. Recent graduates and early in career professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Oracle preferred but not required.
- Must be organized, willing to embrace change and have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- General accounting knowledge obtained through experience and/or education.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and oral) along with the ability to build and foster excellent working relationships.
- Ability to identify potential implications of actions to mitigate downstream financial impacts.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills required with an intermediate level understanding preferred.
- Ability to independently review contracts and understand the contract terms regarding project type, scope of work and invoicing terms.
This position will primarily work in an office environment, with the potential for partial work from home, working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans Primary Location
: United States-Virginia-Williamsburg Other Locations
: United States-Kentucky-Lexington, United States-Texas-Austin Organization
: BC-2285 Financial Services-US Employee Status
: Regular Job Level
: Entry Level Travel
: No Schedule
: Full-time Job Posting
: Mar 16, 2023, 11:22:34 AM Req ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans