TidalHealth is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our rapidly growing behavioral health service line. This position is located in the brand-new Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinic in Salisbury, MD.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, and as indicated family and/or support persons, conducting examinations, observing behaviors, reviewing medical history and related documents, selecting, administering and interpreting assessments, diagnostic instruments, laboratory tests and results.
- Prescribes and/or administers psychotherapeutic treatments and/or medications and monitors patient progress to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Gathers, records and maintains patient information and records, including social and medical history. Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Designs individualized treatment care plans by determining the nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, development, social and behavioral disorders.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications and treatment events. Writes summaries as needed.
- Assures quality and safety for patients and staff by following all policies, procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Works to provide consistent and compassionate patient care focusing on service excellence and the achievement of productivity targets.
- Active professional licensure as a CRNP PMH or PMHNP to practice in an expanded nursing role in the State of Maryland.
- Controlled substance prescribing authorization and DEA certificate.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a CRNP PMH or PMHNP in an outpatient behavioral health setting
TidalHealth has grown to more than 40 locations in MD and DE and is anchored by two award-winning hospitals: TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke. Our vision is to ensure every person in the region has a channel of care close to home with access to high-level specialties such as comprehensive cancer care, neurosurgery, and cardiothoracic surgery. We really are better together, and our combined forces are working to bring a strong, reliable network of care to our community.
About Salisbury, MD:
Our providers enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods with a low, coastal cost of living. The choices for recreational activities are endless from boating, wakeboarding, golfing, biking, or just relaxing by the river or ocean with a good book. Salisbury is home to the Delmarva Shorebirds, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Baltimore Orioles. Kids can enjoy a stroll around the boardwalk that frames the field in hopes of catching a foul ball.
The beautiful Wicomico River winds through downtown Salisbury offering relaxing outdoor dining and picturesque festivals. The surrounding beach areas host events with nationally acclaimed musicians throughout the summer. Summer is when our region shines. From local seafood to farm fresh produce there is so much deliciousness to be devoured here. From our quaint downtowns to waterfront fine dining there is something for everyone. Come and explore for yourself!