Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
As an Internal Audit Consultant with Guidehouse, you will conduct internal controls testing, evaluate risk management and program processes, and assess compliance with applicable regulations for government related loan programs.
- Assist to define and execute audit procedures in accordance to the relevant audit plans. This includes testing design effectiveness and operational effectiveness of internal controls and evaluating risks across program functions and processes.
- Analyze data obtained as audit evidence and identify deficiencies in controls, duplicative efforts, fraud, non-compliance with laws / government regulations / management policies or procedures, and efficiencies in operational processes.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit tests via written reports and verbal presentations to the Leadership team and represent Internal Audit team at management meetings.
- Own audit documentation to ensure quality information is presented completely and accurately and delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain a solid understanding of operational policies, procedures, standards, and supporting technologies to effectively identify new potential risks and create response strategies to mitigate risk exposure.
- Ability to clearly articulate professional principles and audit standards and be able to apply those principles in relation to identified risks.
- Assist to provide oversight and coaching to operational teams as it relates to the audit of relevant internal controls to confirm their understanding of any audit issues and required remediation.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships and keep current on audit leading practices and emerging risks in IT, information security, and cyber security within the financial services industry.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen effective relationships with operations, IT, and leadership teams.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, audit, finance.
- Audit related internship or 1+ years of experience are a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial services organization or support, control and regulatory functions.
- Planning and project management skills, and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic environment; attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality audit documentation.
- Solution orientated.
- Proficiency with Word / Excel / PowerPoint processing to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill, including active listening and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently prioritizing multiple audit assignments to simultaneously complete each in a timely fashion.
- Motivated to work as a team member and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and be able to build consensus to implement new ideas and procedures that are deemed necessary.
- Be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
- This role is available virtually from EST or CST time zones. Strong preference will be given to candidates local to New York, NY. For candidates not local to NY, at least 50% travel to NY will be required.
- The salary range for the role is $60,000-$90,000, depending on experience and location.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program