Provides individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and diabetes self-management education (DSME) to patients. Works collaboratively with other health disciplines and departments to optimize nutrition and diabetes care and patient experience. Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient care using medical nutrition therapy and diabetes self-management education for an assigned patient population.
- Provides counseling and education services to patient with diabetes and/or obesity that require nutritional management .
- Implements a nutritional care plan, communicates plan, establishes a follow-up system and maintains documentation.
- Develops and contributes to Cleveland Clinic sponsored education programs for physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, students, peers and the public.
- Creates and revises education materials related to diabetes and weight management.
- Participates in program development designed to market and expand departmental services and revenue generation.
- Markets services to potential and current referral sources; develops and implements services in response to client's needs and wants.
- Actively contributes to departmental initiatives, including committees and projects.
- Supports the dietetic internship program as a supervised practice rotation preceptor and class instructor.
- Completes reports for ongoing productivity tracking.
- Participates in professional growth activities; attends and contributes to conferences and seminars on nutrition and related topics.
- Represents Cleveland Clinic on nutrition related matters.
- Conducts clinical research. Utilizes clinical software applications to facilitate care.
- Complies with all regulatory organizations including CMS, JCAO, ADA and policies and procedures of the department and Cleveland Clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics or a closely related field.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains current license to practice dietetics in the current state (LD) and active certification as a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- CDCES strongly preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience as a Registered Dietitian in clinical nutrition.
- Successful completion of a Dietetic Internship Program may substitute for experience requirement.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Ability to navigate extensively to provide services to a large number of patients throughout the hospital and manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer entry.
- Must have physical ability to measure and weigh patients.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities