To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we will also offer up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus to experienced RNs with more than 1+ years of experience and up to $5,000 for relocation (if applicable).
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Operating Room Registered Nurse.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You respond calmly in high pressure situations.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your partnerships, and especially your passion for patient care.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our Operating Room boasts 9 surgical suites with one heart room and one cystoscopy room. Main OR specialties include: OB-GYN, Orthopedics (largest service line), General Surgery, Cardiac, Neuro, ENT, Urology, Plastics and Podiatry. We also have DaVinci robotics on-site.
We are proud to be a Heart and Neurovascular Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and a Level II Trauma Center.
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence - Magnet designation - by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an OR RN you need to know how to:
- Recognize and address patients psychological and physical needs
- Foster continuity and quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients and their families in mind
- Assess a patients medical status upon admission
- Assist in developing individualized treatment plans
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire unless you possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting, required
- Current Colorado RN license or compact license with the ability to obtain Colorado RN license, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association or the ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire (with prior approval), required (ACLS/NRP/PALS as appropriate for unit or service)
- At least one (1) year of nursing experience in a comparable acute care/surgical services setting, highly preferred
Are you a New Grad RN? Lutheran Medical Center offers new graduate residency programs to help provide you with additional support as you begin your nursing career with us. Check out our New Grad Featured Job section of our careers website to keep informed on which programs are currently accepting applications.
Are you an RN interested in training into the Operating Room? Lutheran Medical Center offers a training program in Operating Room nursing a couple times per year check out our Specialty Training Programs Featured Job section of our careers website to keep informed on when this program is currently accepting applications.
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being an OR RN on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Responsibilities and Requirements: