Job Location Campus - Subacute - Portland, OR
Position Type Full Time or Part Time
Education Level 4 Year Degree
Salary Range $45.09 - $45.09 Hourly
Travel Percentage None
Job Shift All Shifts
Job Category Children's Mental Health Services
As an On-Call Registered Nurse (RN) you'll be directly responsible for provide nursing care to the children in the Subacute program and other children served as arranged by the treating psychiatrist and the program director. The On-Call RN is required to meet all state, federal, licensing and contract standards including accreditation body Behavioral Health Standards and ensures safe management of all medical care for the children served. This positions requires a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in order to be trained and licensed by the state of Oregon to act as the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist .
Our Children's Psychiatric Crisis (Subacute) program offers short-time, safe, and secure residential placement for children and teens who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Services focus on mental health stabilization, psychiatric evaluation, and transitional planning with an average length of stay around three weeks. Common diagnoses include major depression, suicide ideation, and anxiety. You'll support a diverse population, including transgender and nonbinary youth as part of an impactful, multidisciplinary team.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Complete the medical admission process.
- Provide routine healthcare, basic triage and emergency care including assessment and documentation of treatment of injuries.
- Serve in the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist (LCESIS) role authorizing and overseeing restraints and seclusions. Oversee ESIs and assist with OIS physical interventions as needed during crisis situations.
- Manage childrens medications by maintaining safe medication administration practices.
- Act as a medical/nursing resource to the children and families served and provide health education as needed.
- Prepare all discharge medication prescriptions and obtain psychiatrist signature prior to childs discharge. Provide discharge medication instructions to clients families/caregivers upon discharge to home.
- Proficiently complete phlebotomy services.
- Complete medication cart audits per policy.
- Assist line staff by supervising the children on the units to maintain milieu safety. Participate as a recreation leader and assist with any other unit activities as needed.
- Proficiently administer tuberculin skin tests for new employees.
- This position may include working other shifts as needed.
.May involve exposure to pathogens and possible assaults/injury.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon. Bachelors degree required. Nurses holding a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree will be trained and licensed by the state of Oregon to act as the LCESIS. BSN nurses will be responsible for completing all duties in the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist.
- Previous experience working in mental health preferred, but not required.
- Meet the following physical demands: meet physical requirements of Oregon Intervention System and ability to respond physically to crisis intervention; stand for long periods of time; twisting, running, and some heavy lifting (minimum of 50 pounds).
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.