The HPS Release Management Engineer 2 manages cross-organizational efforts required to introduce applications and infrastructure changes into the production environment. The Release Management Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action. Responsibilities
The HPS Release Management Engineer 2 is responsible for ensuring all changes are delivered to user while maintaining the integrity and availability of the existing systems. Communicate release expectations across all impacted users. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
As a Release Management Engineer 2, you will be responsible for providing release oversight and guidance to various business areas involved in testing changes to the pharmacy claims processing system. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manages the coordination of all testing and tracks all testing activities for assigned workstreams to ensure accurate and timely implementation to production.
- Schedules and attends testing team and workstream meetings, prepares agendas, facilitates discussions, records and publishes meeting minutes.
- Guides cross-functional testing teams in the use of testing methodology and tools to ensure all business requirements are tested and approved, and test plans and test cases are thoroughly and accurately documented.
- Provides or coordinates any training regarding testing processes and tools.
- Creates and updates weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports, manages and coordinates claim templates sent to claim processing vendor for UAT and production testing, and manages shared mailboxes.
- Engages, coordinates, and collaborates regularly with workstream teams (internal and external business partners) to be aware of new items coming through the workstreams and maintaining the open line of communication with the workstreams.
- Assists designated product owner as needed in directing next steps/addressing concerns.
- Keeps product team on task and able to meet timelines.
- Helps moderate creation of test cases as they relate to each system change being tested within test environments.
- Provides approval at certain stage gates to ensure the product continues moving through its lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum two years of experience in healthcare industry or technical field
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Demonstrated experience with process documentation
- Prior experience with supporting other complex projects
- Project and/or release management experience
- Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge and practice
- Experience in the health benefits/health insurance industry
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Powerpoint experience
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our