MarketAxess is a FinTech company and component of the S&P 500. We are a leading provider of global fixed income trading platforms, data, and post-trade solutions.
The fixed-income markets represent an enormous global marketplace, where only a fraction of average daily trade volume occurs electronically. Believe it or not, most fixed-income trades are still executed via phone or blotter, providing us with a significant opportunity for disruption and future growth.
We believe this market is ripe for disruption and have created a proprietary electronic platform that connects the world's most influential financial institutions to the world's largest capital market. Since 2015, MarketAxess has grown from roughly 300 employees to approximately 700 with offices across seven countries and annual revenue has more than doubled. We're excited about the growth opportunities ahead and have built a fast-paced, collaborative, environment where all employees are empowered to make a material impact. We hope you'll come join us!Job DescriptionWhat You'll Do
What You Bring to the Table
- Leverage MarketAxess' unique data to build new products and reports
- Take ownership for existing research models and reports
- Analyze corporate bond market activity and market micro-structure
- Work closely with global product and development teams to enrich client trading solutions
- Other duties as assigned
QualificationsAdditional InformationWhat's In It For You?
- Working towards a graduate (masters, PhD) degree in a quantitative field (science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics is preferred), graduating in in Dec 2023 or May 2024
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Highly analytical, flexible and creative problem solver.
- Well-organized, team-oriented, intellectually curious, and proactive.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. This will ultimately require a mix of advanced querying / programming capabilities including R/Python, SQL, AWS, Tableau, and possibly intermediate machine learning.
- Introductory understanding of US and global fixed income markets.
- Strong data capabilities, including working with complex datasets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Hybrid Environment: Flexibility matters! Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Employer Provided Food: Free lunch is delivered for all employees when in the office. Offices are always stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Paid time off: competitive PTO package including vacation days, sick leave, charity leave and parental leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Health Insurance: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
- Wellness Stipend: Up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: Convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: We want to empower your continued growth and development. On-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences are available to all employees
Our employees' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us. As a result, MarketAxess requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work onsite in our New York office. Proof of vaccination will be required to enter the premises. We will provide reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g. for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.