Located in Gallup, NM
Job Description: FLIGHT NURSE INCENTIVES
- Hiring range from $99,000-$102,000 annually
- $10,000 Sign-on Bonus paid in two installments following training
- 5 days on/10 days off schedule
- Company paid crew housing
We're hiring Flight Nurses
to provide direct patient care in accordance with GMR protocols and/or medical direction. They also assist with coverage of open shifts as needed with the assigned area.JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for completion and submission of electronic patient care record for each dispatched flight within specified time frame, and for daily base checks, which includes narcotic count
- Provide pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences
- Maintain documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing education, safety, and advanced procedures in the Employee Education Manual
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by emergency programs
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals, and the public
- Functions as a medical flight member
- Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefing and completes necessary documentation
- Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and Pilot assistance when needed, e. radio, navigational, and visual observation activities
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment prior to liftoff
- Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in an emergency or critical care setting required
- Flight experience preferred
- Current RN licensure in the states served by the assigned area required
- EMT Certification in state(s) where required
- AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required prior to flight status. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Certification (CEN, CCRN, CFRN) preferred, required within 12 months from date of hire
- Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
- Must be willing to shave facial hair (if needed) to fit a N95 mask
- Must possess the gross and fine motor skills necessary to sufficiently provide the full range of safe and effective patient care activities
- Lift and/or move up to 150 pounds cumulative with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.