Full time Shift:
Day Shift Description:
Views patient holistically; considers physical, psychosocial, emotional, age specific, cultural and spiritual factors and demonstrates appropriate assessment skills for an identified patient population.
Demonstrates critical thinking skills by gathering and analyzing patient information, then responding to a patient situation. Implements corrective and/or creative interventions to achieve desired outcomes. Perseveres through barriers/obstacles to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patient.
Stewards available resources effectively
Demonstrates professional behaviors:
- Identifies own education and professional growth needs, develops plan and seeks resources to address
- Completes professional activities such as self-appraisal, Healthstream assignments, licensure renewal contact hours.
- Participates in QI and evidence based practice activities and integrates resultant changes into practice
- Identifies problems & initiates appropriate follow up
- Assumes leadership responsibilities as delegated such as relief nurse coordinator
- Contributes to education & growth of colleagues by providing evaluation feedback, mentoring new staff to facility or unit, assists with planning and presenting educational experiences for self and colleagues based on identified unit needs
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution. Responds to questions and needs in a non threatening and receptive manner
Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, physicians, employees and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Hospitals. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places. Follows all HIPAA policies and procedures.
Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Mercy Hospitals. Adheres to established performance standards.
Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, patients and families. Uses all available safety equipment. Reports all preventable hazards and unsafe practices including near misses and actual errors either to management or using the VOICE reporting system.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities
______________________________________________________________________________ Education and Licensure
Education: Graduation from accredited nursing program, New hires as of 1/1/12 must have a BSN degree or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within the specified time frame.
Licensure: Requires current Michigan Nursing License Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practice and age specific needs as demonstrated by successful completion of introductory orientation behaviors for Registered Nurse.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic relationships with patients and families.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to perform principal duties and responsibilities of job description.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care.
- Ability to walk and stand continuously at least 90% of the time.
- Ability to move, lift and position patients
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.