We Are Hiring: Full Time 40 hours per week, 7a-530p. Weekends, call, and holidays per unit rotation. Level II Trauma Center Operating Room. Inpatient and Outpatient procedures.
$20,000 bonus for RN's with 1 year of experience.
$10,000 bonus for RN's with no experience.
Come and join one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension - Borgess, located in Southwest Michigan, offers you choices when it comes to growing your career. Whether you're just starting your career, moving to a new city, or learning a new discipline, there's a place for you with one of our Ascension Ministries.
We offer you a competitive compensation, professional development, well-being programs and holistic growth opportunities. Work-life balance through generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, medical, dental, vision and retirement match.
What You Will Do:
Provide professional nursing care within Borgess Medical Center. The practice of professional nursing is the systematic application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the biological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care, treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this through the application of the Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American Nurses Association. Recognize that each patient is an unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and assures patient rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal, interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitate the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individual s health, incorporating knowledge of growth and development through the life span. Must adhere to the additional educational and competency requirements that are listed in the addendum for each department in which they will be working. Knowledgeable of nursing practice, procedures, competencies, and patient care standards as well as regulations and guidelines pertaining to nursing care.
- In collaboration with the patient and/or family, and healthcare team, participates in open discussion to identify mutual goals based on the nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Diagnose, treat and evaluate the human response to actual or potential health problems/needs.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the nursing plan of care and revises it as necessary.
- Assess, detect, monitor and attempt to prevent complications associated with health situations or treatment plans.
- Notify the physician of patient condition and response to nursing intervention appropriately and documents this action.
- Responsible for insuring that patient's pain is assessed, treated, reassessed, documented and evaluated.
- Delegation to other licensed and unlicensed care providers based on clinical nursing judgment and skill of the care provider.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- The Registered Nurse must have an Associates of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN Diploma at start date.
- BSN is required within six (6) years of start date.
- Incumbents hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their existing educational degrees and Two (2) years of current surgery experience required.
- May consider candidates with less experience who are otherwise qualified.
2 years OR experience preferred. Scrub experience preferred. May consider other applicants.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.