SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have thecareer opportunities you want in your current role? We have an excitingopportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcareservices as a Registered Nurse Labor andDelivery.
At Summerville Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met.We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans alongwith some unique benefits including:
- TuitionReimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity TheftProtection discounts
- Auto, Home, and LifeInsurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock PurchaseProgram (ESPP)
As a Registered Nurse in Labor & Delivery, you are responsible forassessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients. Youserve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility forachieving positive patient and unit outcomes.
Tour our new Women's Services expansion
Whatyou will do in this role:
- You will demonstrate proficiency in assessment, treatment, and care for laboring moms and for newborns
- You will work in collaboration with other members of the health care team to protect, promote and optimize health and ability, prevent illness and injury, alleviate suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocate in the care of individuals and families
- You will exhibit the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patient/s
- You will contribute to the practice of nursing through participation in Shared Governance, attendance at unit meetings, completion of surveys, sharing of ideas through informal and formal channels of communication
- You will consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
Qualifications What qualifications you may need:
- Must be agraduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing orhigher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in thestate which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A currentAmerican Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS)Health Care Provider is required
Summerville Medical Center is a 120+ bed hospital with a 24-houremergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys anenviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and womens service,including home-like birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic,reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Summerville Medical Center is afive-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care andpatient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, theleading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians andhospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in theHealthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city ofSummerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with amodern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with afocus on economic development that preserves the past while building for thefuture. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children cangrow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, ourworld-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a specialplace to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare, theparent company of Summerville Medical Center, has been continually named a World'sMost Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent anestimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsureddiscounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical SurgicalOncology RN opening. Submit your application and help us raise the bar inpatient care!
We are an equal opportunity employerand value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information,...