Are you an Technical Sales Executive looking to expand your horizons and get out on the road? Do you have a technical mindset with a background in engineering? Have you previously worked in sales within manufacturing, engineering or production?
Join this superb employer in Rochdale who are offering this particular role on a remote basis. You'll be home based but out on the road with customers for part of each week. You must though, be commutable to Rochdale to attend regular meetings.
- You'll be a technical sales person who is capable of putting together complex quotations and specification on engineered products.
- It's essential that you've got an engineering / manufacturing background with the ability to sell.
- Naturally you'll be self-motivated and be driven enough to work independently.
- You should be based within a commutable distance of North Manchester but be prepared to travel to visit customers around the UK.
- It would be ideal if you've got knowledge of application development, material and machining capabilities and an understanding of CNC machining.
- It goes without saying that you'll be a natural when it comes to reading technical drawings.
- If you have a degree or formal qualification in mechanical engineering, chemicals or plastics it would be highly advantageous.
About The Job
- You'll join as an Area Sales Engineer with a base in North Manchester / West Yorkshire but covering the whole of the UK.
- Reporting to the Sales Manager, you'll be responsible for optimising sales opportunities with existing and new customers around the UK.
- Initially you'll concentrate on their existing customer base, networking through each customer as a whole ensuring maximum sales potential is being met.
- You'll provide technical sales quotations for parts using the knowledge learnt from your previous roles within engineering / manufacturing.
- You will build up technical specifications following the quote process and provide all relevant documentation regarding calculations and pricing to your customers.
- You will travel to customer premises in an effort to build and maintain strong relationships but also to perform product training onsite as required.
What You Get
- A negotiable basic salary.
- Company car or car allowance.
- Potential performance related annual bonus.
- A number of health related perks including a wellbeing helpline.
- Free parking.
- Generous health and pension schemes.
About Your New Employer
- They are an impressive group of companies with a global presence.
- They've got an excellent reputation as an employer and have a very low staff turnover.