Thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Tulsa branch is looking for a new Import Coordinator to join their Sea Logistics team.
The Sea Logistics Import Coordinator is responsible to process Sea Logistics shipments with high accuracy by using proprietary forwarding applications. Execution shall be performed in line with company operational procedures, Sea Logistics standards, and compliance guidelines with a focus on ensuring operational excellence and customer service in collaboration with other team members.
- Coordinate with shippers, truckers, and steamship lines for the Import of shipments; the complete process of shipment includes arranging for cargo collection and inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, billing invoice, certificate of origin, and/or AES if applicable), forwarding, follow up with tracking and tracing, data quality requirements, FSL, problem identification/resolution were capable/authorized, ensure the highest level of data quality by processing the shipment accurately and review and ensure alignment of shipping instructions (SOP's/ABT, SIC ) including to clarify any deviations/conflicts taking country regulations, import compliance and rate and routing information into consideration.
- Compliance with US Trade Control Laws and Regulations, be responsible for ensuring the quality of documents incl. match between data entry and documents, proofreading of commercial documents and OBL, manage vendors and exceptions including shipment rolling and monitor files for profitability including validation of buying vs selling rates and credit limits, reporting of deviations to P/L (owners) if not resolvable at desk level.
- Monitor operational performance of carriers and other vendors and escalate/create awareness if performance and commitments are not being delivered, DGM (Dangerous Goods) Compliance, if applicable, resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input and general customer service inquires and ensure the highest quality of Customer Service.
- Responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier, and Kuehne+Nagel overseas offices throughout the process, handling and managing all customer contact at the file level regarding exceptions, increasing customer service satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular customer contact, and overall responsibility for file maintenance, FSL, timely and accurate billing, job costing forecast accuracy, e-filing and KPI's.
- Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP's, ensure approval for credit notes and/or invoice reversals before issuance and timely distribution of billing packages and commercial documents in accordance with shipper's, Kuehne+Nagel, and/or destination country requirements
- Initiate and resolve any rate discrepancies, immediately report problems, operation disputes, or discrepancies to the supervisor, manager, divisional manager, or branch manager, work with Sales on Account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to operations and read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
- Any other duties as requested.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Ideal candidate will have 3 years of current industry work experience in Sea Logistics forwarding.
- Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography, including countries, major cities, and seaports; basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign, control), good judgment skills, be flexible, and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Adaptable to change, open to learning and taking on new tasks, focusing on high results orientation and customer focus, and customer minded.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment. Kuehne+Nagel's general working model is four (4) days office and one (1) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the working model policy.