ASD Teaching Assistant, Wandsworth, Putney
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 learning support assistants to join an outstanding small and friendly 2 form primary school in Putney for pupils aged 4-11 who have Autism, additional learning difficulties and complex needs.
As a SEN Teaching assistant at this SEND school, you will be responsible for pupil's personal development through a meaningful, appropriate and individual approach to their specific needs, and with the support of an on-site team of multidisciplinary therapists who support the pupils daily. The school is well resourced and has a dedicated team of patient, kind and understanding staff to help pupils, using established techniques and innovative activities.
They are looking for candidates with existing experience supporting pupils with special needs, any one with personal experience, health care assistant/ support worker background or mainstream experience supporting pupils on a one to one basis. The school is open to seeing graduates who are looking to step into Education esepcially with those looking into counselling, clinical psychology.
- £75-£95 per day (Based on qualifications and Experience)
- Long-term contracts for 1 year
- Immediate start available
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Clear Enhanced DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Graduate Level / BTEC Level 3 (minimum)
if you are interested please apply through the link below.
If you would like to find out more with this role, please contact Ahmed.