Faradion Limited is the world leader in sodium-ion battery technology that provides low cost, high performance, safe and sustainable energy. Its proprietary technology delivers leading-edge, cost-effective solutions for a broad range of applications, including mobility, energy storage, back-up power and energy in remote locations.
As a Senior Power Electronics Engineer, you will develop battery systems initially for stationary storage but growing to a wider range of applications.
- Technical lead for one or multiple projects, depending on size of each project
- Agree requirements and ensure their delivery
- Architectural and systems design of battery products
- Support the development of customer test specification and procedures.
- Component selection
- Ensure successful collaborations with engineering partners
- Developing assembly instructions and testing plans
- New Product Introduction engineering activities for successful handover to production and support.
- Conduct electronics and systems design reviews
- Support FMEA, Functional Safety and other product risk assessment activities
- Conduct RCA activity using appropriate method to resolve component or system level
- Educated to BEng in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar
- You should be an experienced engineer, ideally with a good understanding of Battery technologies and experience of technically leading projects
- Able to design power electronics for batteries, including integration of the Battery Management System
- Requirements from capture through to delivery and testing
- Experience of design for EMC/EMI
- Have broad, practical engineering skills and an analytical, methodical approach to problem-solving, fault-finding, calibration & testing.
- Able to work systematically and use appropriate RCA methods to resolve system or component level
- Able to create test plans to qualify the battery against requirements
- Able to create Bill of Materials and perform cost analysis
- Experience creating high quality documentation and processes
- Knowledge of battery certification and standards would be beneficial
As well as technical skills and ability it is important for all employees to have a number of cores skills to fit within our culture and uphold the values of the company, these include:
- Acting responsibly, putting Faradion interests ahead of personal ambition.
- Delivering in the broadest sense a great working environment.
- Leading with humility, honesty, and integrity in all that you do.
- Promoting teamwork, supporting through difficult times and collectively celebrating our successes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
All candidates should have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact verbally and in writing with customers, suppliers, colleagues, and external contacts at all levels and be able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
To ensure continued safety it is important that our staff maintain a tidy and clean work environment, be able to follow processes and instructions and have excellent attention to detail.
To apply for the role, please send a current CV to Sam Hanson