SENIOR ESTIMATOR - Sheffield location Permanent job opportunity Senior Estimator job in Sheffield Your new companyA leading construction company are looking to appoint a Senior Estimator to join their team in Sheffield. This company work in a variety of sectors including healthcare, education, industrial and student accommodation.Your new roleThe role is based out of Sheffield but you will oversee projects within the Yorkshire area. The Senior Estimator will be a key member of the bid team responsible for establishing nett cost, margin strategy, project risk allowance and for pulling together the commercial submission for bids. You will oversee multiple projects at one time including commercial new build and refurbishment works so our client is looking for someone with vast commercial project experience. You will be responsible for Pre-Construction Estimating, working closely and directly with internal / external clients, other disciplines and teams from project inception, accountable and responsible for all financial and estimating aspects of the projects. The desired outcome being that the Company will achieve sufficient new work to enable continued growth in accordance with their Business Strategy.
- Leading and managing bids
- Managing a team of Estimators, Assistant Estimators and Trainee Estimators as required.
- Deliver core services on project bids.
- Input to monthly reporting
- Reviewing bid documents and developing a bid strategy
- Carrying out accurate quantity take-offs for the purposes of estimating
- Checking externally produced bills of quantities for accuracy.
- Preparing and issuing sub-contract and material enquiries.
- Liaise with the procurement department to obtain material quotations.
What you'll need to succeedOur client is looking to meet with experienced candidates who have worked in a similar Senior Estimator role with minimum of 10 years' estimating experience. Experience working in sectors education, health, student residential, commercial office is essential. You will be responsible for leading and guiding the estimating team and have good communication and report writing skills.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a Built Environment discipline.
- Estimating experience within a relevant sector in the Construction industry.
- A member of the RICS (Desirable)
What you'll get in returnCompetitive salary + package depending on your experience Pension contribution and flexible working arrangement including working from home This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Estimator to work for a progressive company who puts specific emphasis on prioritising employee development, and as such can offer great opportunities for career development. What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.