The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
is responsible for facilitating timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, business operations' results and statistical reports. This role will also assist in monthly financial reporting to leadership. Job Duties:
- Work with Controller to develop and maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations while maintaining compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare and supervise month-end and year-end accounting procedures including journal entries and account reconciliations. Review monthly financials to ensure they are complete and accurate prior to closing the period. Review journal entries recorded by bookkeeping and accounting staff for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Maintain, develop, implement, and document internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). Work with the accounting to prepare and maintain ICFR documentation. Identify gaps in the current control structure and recommend new controls or changes to existing controls to mitigate risk.
- Assist in completing the annual external audit process including review of audit workpapers, interface with external audit team, and implement recommendations to leadership resulting from audit findings.
- Research all new accounting pronouncements to determine timing and nature of impacts upon implementation.
- Perform the role of a project lead or team member for system upgrades and applications.
- Collaborate with IT and systems analysts to assist in administration of financial reporting applications including user access, mapping financial data to the general ledger, and maintenance of historical data.
- Interface with internal management support organizations for documents required for accounting functions and cost understanding.
Our Ideal Candidate
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years prior finance and/or accounting experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and GAAP.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of construction industry.
Who We Are
Foley Industries - Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central enters its ninth decade of empowering progress for customers in Kansas and Western Missouri. Foleys 1,000+ employees strive every day to safely deliver excellence in service, parts, rental and sales across a broad line of Caterpillar and allied construction equipment, power generation, as well as SITECH construction technology solutions. For more information, please visit What we can offer you:
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call or email .
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, and Parental Leave
- Family owned company where youre more than just another employee