Arista Networks is looking for world-class software engineers to join our team to help us design and develop a next-generation, web-based provisioning, monitoring, analytics and visualization interface to allow network operators to better configure, monitor, and control their networks. You will be part of a fast paced, high caliber team building the software for products used to build the industry's largest data center networks.
At Arista, you will own your projects from definition to deployment, and you will be responsible for the quality of everything you deliver. You will also have the opportunity to do full-stack development, including server-side technologies like Go, HBase, Kafka, Hadoop.
This role demands a strong and broad software engineering background and provides opportunities for leadership. Your role will not be limited to any single aspect of software development at Arista, but will cover all aspects of software development spanning the addition of new features, debugging problems and fine tuning code for scalability and performance.
- Develop, review and contribute to, functional and design specifications.
- Architect, design and develop features, feature tests and solutions. Fix bugs and refactor code as needed.
- Provide technical leadership across features, projects and tools.
- Work with Customer Support Engineers to analyze problems in customer networks and provide fixes. for those problems when needed in the form of new software releases or software patches.
- Work with the System Test Engineers to analyze problems found in their tests and provide fixes for those problems.
- Mentor new and junior engineers to bring them up to speed in Arista's software development environment.
- At least BS Computer Science + experience, MS Computer Science + less experience than BSCS, or Ph.D. + experience in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Have developed and deployed several significant single-page applications, and you understand the problems that can occur and how to solve them.
- Experience with UI/UX design, Network Monitoring, machine learning or data analytics is a plus.
Where legally permitted, Arista requires all candidates for U.S.-based positions to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved accommodation under applicable law. Candidates anticipating seeking an accommodation should contact Arista HR before their start date. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Arista's vaccination policy.
About ARISTA NETWORKS
Arista Networks was founded to pioneer and deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center storage and computing environments. Arista's award-winning platforms, ranging in Ethernet speeds from 10 to 100 gigabits per second, redefine scalability, agility and resilience. Arista has shipped more than 10 million cloud networking ports worldwide with CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system. Committed to open standards, Arista is a founding member of the 25/50GbE consortium. Arista Networks products are available worldwide directly and through partners.
At the core of Arista's platform is the Extensible Operating System (EOS ), a ground-breaking network operating system with single-image consistency across hardware platforms, and modern core architecture enabling in-service upgrades and application extensibility.