M&Ts End User Computing Team
is focused on providing modern digital experiences to the entirety of M&T Bank employees - allowing them to focus on their job, not their technology. Our Microsoft suite, collaboration tools and hardware used by employees are all part of the constantly evolving set of foundational capabilities we are responsible for shepherding. We build and deliver a wide variety of cutting-edge capabilities used across the enterprise to provide the best internal customer experience possible, enhancing the ability of our business partners to deliver. Overview: Responsible for management and oversight of onsite team providing white-glove technology and video support service to top level senior-most executives and their support staff for a Top 10 US bank .
Provide innovative leadership and implement supporting processes and systems to deliver best-in-class customer service to this small but critical small population. Work includes providing strategic and day-to-day direction for a multi-city team, partner with Executive Administrative Support staff, and interface with other technology teams both inside and outside the organization to support existing or deliver new functionality in a seamless way. Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for building a positive and value-driven relationship with executive leadership administrative support staff. Staffing: Manage a multi-city onsite team that provides white-glove technical support services for the top Executives and their support staff
Lead team to ensure an excellent Tech experience: Oversee support of endpoints of all types physical, virtual, Apple, Intel-based including video conference capabilities and audio setups
- Manage team of geographically dispersed technology experts providing highly-available tech support for C-suite staff located at M&T headquarters and other M&T offices.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and skillsets, hiring staff that have the right level of expertise and share vision of a truly excellent, world-class technical support team, utilizing agile techniques for a self-driven, empowered team.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Collaboration: Work across teams to drive best experience for Executives
- Direct team to ensure endpoints are in excellent working order; maintain inventory of current hardware in use, plus spares to respond to needs quickly.
- Report on support statistics, look for trends and root cause, then drive for remediation.
- Application/and technical ownership and support for critical software used by the board of directors, with primary and back-up support staff defined
- Provide urgent L1 and L2 incident response to constituency.
- Ensure second-shift/weekend on-call rotation is in place, procedures established and followed.
Process: Establish process and procedure that guarantee positive and predictable outcomes
- Build rapport with key partners across the Bank including Technology, Event Planning and internal/external Communications teams, demonstrating a professional level of communication and cooperation in all interactions.
- Work with tech teams to resolve issues, engineer and seamlessly deploy solutions
- Listen to and solve for business needs
- Collaborate with, and provide feedback on technology solutions to M&T Bank technology engineers and solutions vendors
- Build rapport with key partners outside of M&T that for those we work closely with on a regular basis outside of our organization
Event planning and support: Support technology components for onsite/hybrid high stakes meetings such as Annual Shareholder, monthly board, and other executive leadership meetings
- Assigning work and ensuring appropriate coverage across geographic footprint
- Respond to questions, provide guidance, identify and deliver appropriate training options for Executive Leadership Administrative Support staff we serve.
- Recommend and initiate policies, processes, and systems that drive an excellent experience, and improve the performance and effectiveness of the team and how they engage with their constituency.
Adhere to Company Standards:
- Coordinate with internal/external communications teams, production companies, and other third parties to guarantee high quality, professional event
- Lead the team to develop a high degree of operational expertise in video event software (Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Teams, ON24) with working knowledge of other commonly used virtual event platforms (Zoom, MegaTV, Google Meet, etc.)
- Coordinate with other event-oriented Tech teams to ensure event coverage
- Drive high degree of quality and consistency
Behaviors that will lead to success in this role include empathy, patience, responsiveness, ability to anticipate and plan, solid listening and communication skills; detail orientation with an ability to negotiate outcomes. Sense of urgency. Ability to prioritize and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment Education, Experience, and Behaviors Required:
- Understand and adhere to the Companys risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls. As needed, design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree and 7 years technology or systems management/leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years technology or systems management/leadership experience
- Capable of working on and providing leadership for multiple complex projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills to assist in issue resolution
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and personal presentation skills
- Experience encouraging teamwork and serving as role model when leading and directing others
- Familiarity with personal computers, mobile devices, and print capabilities, Cisco video products Cisco video conference room kits and Webex
- Ability to grasp technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
- Ability to learn and absorb technology capabilities, issues, configurations.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
Bachelors degree in hospitality, business or technical domain
Expertise configuring and deploying endpoints PCs, mobile devices, VPCs and deep knowledge of Cisco video products Webex and video platform
Familiar with infrastructure, network and hardware platforms
Exposure and experience building and staffing a new team and capability
Knowledge/expertise in Apple products (iPad/iPhone, iOS, MacBook)
Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities
Onsite position only, based in downtown Buffalo, New York
Some travel requiredLocation
Buffalo, New York, United States of America
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including disabilities and veterans.