Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Core Services team at Nelnet is looking for an experienced engineer in the M365 and Exchange space. The candidate must have in-depth experience and knowledge of the platform. The candidate will be expected to have a security first mindset of the platform and perform daily ongoing configuration, support and administration of the environment.
This position requires work in support of the Companys contract with the United States Department of Education (ED). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions. Responsibilities:
- Take technical ownership of M365/Exchange for Nelnet Organization
- Advocate for additional consumption of the platform from the business
- Provide technical leadership and assistance to internal team as well as throughout the organization
- Help set direction and contribute to the roadmap for the M365 platform
Colorado residents pay range for this role is - $100k-148k EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related fields and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in supporting Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with tenant-to-tenant migrations
- 3rd party Application integrations with MS Teams
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud App Security
- High level understanding of Active Directory, Azure AD, and DNS
- Experience with the Proofpoint platform (email hygiene and encryption)
- Versed with Microsoft security solutions, subscriptions, licensing models, and Azure Active Directory tenants
- PowerShell Scripting
- Solid understanding of Microsoft subscriptions, licenses, and Azure AD tenants
- Solid foundation in servers, systems, virtualization, and networking
- Experience in large, regulated environments
- Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and articulately across all levels and audiences
- Create solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategies
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK () .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at or .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.