MEA is in search of a Senior Payroll and HCM Consultant to join our growing Strategic HR Services group. This role is ideal for an experienced Payroll professional who is excited by the opportunity to work with a variety of organizations, spanning size and industry and on varied projects, in both on and off-site capacities.
In this role, you will provide hands on support for our members in the private, public and non-profit sectors and will manage and assist with HCM implementations, payroll duties and act as the project manager for a wide variety of projects in analyzing and auditing payroll, preparing reports and data extraction.
This role is ideal for someone who is interested in expanding their exposure to all aspects of Human Resources and engaging with a team of subject matter experts. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the end-to-end payroll process that includes inputting, proofing, editing, processing and transmitting all payroll wages and tips, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and manual payments consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws for member and non-member organizations.
- Assist with issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and supervisors.
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance departments, etc.
- Using a familiarity with Payroll and HCM systems, manage employee data and process workflows.
- Work closely with MEA's payroll partner, Paylocity to become intimately familiar with system capabilities and processes; coordinating training for Members on Paylocity platform
- Maintain knowledge of changes in wage and tax laws to develop a trusted relationship with Members.
- Identify and resolve customer service issues in collaboration with payroll and HCM provider.
- Consulting with members to determine HCM needs.
- Assist members in selection of HR technology based on need.
- Performing application upgrades and module implementations, as well as and providing training and technical support.
- Developing and implementing new processes and systems for efficient HR management.
- Optimizing HCM processes, integrating new software, and performing diagnostic tests.
- Ensuring the efficient recording and secure storage of HR data, including attendance and employee performance data.
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in the field of HCM.
Experience and Skills
- Other job duties and project support as assigned
- May be called upon to develop or deliver training content and develop policy language in consultation with Members.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of payroll best practices and a professional commitment to confidentiality.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll field.
- Experience with a variety of payroll systems required, Paylocity preferred.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) and proprietary systems.
- Solid communication skills with ability to communicate complex and/or sensitive information in a clear, concise, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to balance and complete multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong planning, time management,
- A bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' experience proven experience as a payroll specialist.
- Commanding understanding of Payroll/HCM platform(s) such as ADP, Paylocity, iSolved
A full time benefits package is available for eligible full time employees, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, and life insurance.