Fairway Management, Inc. is a multi-state property management company specializing in the affordable housing market. The Company manages approximately 250 senior and multifamily tax credit and rural development across ten states.
The Senior Property Accountant applies company policies and control procedures with the preparation of monthly financial statements. This position is responsible for completing monthly general ledger reconciliations including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements. The Senior Property Accountant works with field staff each month to analyze the financial strength of each property. This full-time position is located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statements and cash flow statement for assigned portfolio of properties
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to governmental agencies, investors and lenders
- Coordinating processes related to the set-up of new properties, as well as preparing necessary journal entries to prepare the financial statements
- Compile and review initial lease-up budgets for new properties and update as properties progress through leasing period
- Work with various personnel in operations to prepare monthly cash flow projections and analyze variances between budget and actual figures
- Assist with the annual audit and tax return for external tax preparers, including assisting the Controller in review of annual tax packets prepared by the staff accountants
- Assist in managing the full budget process for property portfolio, including preparation and submission of annual property budgets to governmental agencies.
- Assist in studying existing accounting processes and identifying process improvements or enhancements to gain efficiencies for the team
- Assist with analytical projects for Controller and Executive Management
- Preparation and maintaining of fixed asset schedules for depreciable assets for assigned portfolio of properties
- Preparation of general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations for assigned portfolio of properties
- Reconciliation of property rent rosters to deposit records and monitoring of receivable/prepaid balances for assigned portfolio of properties
- Preparation of property loan refinance analysis and assisting with permanent loan conversion due diligence
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or other relevant degree program
- Three or more years of relevant experience in working with financial statements, budget and forecast preparation, general ledger reconciliation, financial analysis, and knowledge of basic accounting procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Property Management accounting experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think conceptually with the ability to make decisions without detailed instructions
- Must be able to meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must demonstrate and provide exceptional customer service, both internal and external
- Strong project management skills (plan, coordinate, status reporting)
- Ability to help lead the staff by training and collaborating with the staff in order to successfully reach team goals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or uniformed service member status.
This company is an at-will employer as allowed by applicable state law. If hired, I understand this means that either the company or I may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without notice or cause. Further, no employee or representative of the company is authorized to enter into an agreement, express or implied, with me or any other applicant for employment for a specified period of time unless such an agreement is in a written contract signed by the President of the company.
Please note, the company does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies without pre-approval. Pre-approval by Human Resources is required before any external candidate can be submitted for consideration. The company is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers, employees or company representatives.
Powered by JazzHR