Short Haul Driver
Date: Sep 29, 2022
Location: Waxahachie, TX, US
Company: Dart Container
Operate a tractor and trailer within a 150-air mile radius of reporting location. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; customer deliveries, inter-company transfers, and/or backhauls.
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Operate a tractor with trailer inter/intrastate to pick up and/or deliver merchandise.
- Drive diesel or gas tractor in accordance with commercial driving regulations of State Department of Transportation (DOT), US DOT, and the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC).
- Couple, uncouple, connect airlines, etc. and safely maneuver equipment in difficult situations such as narrow passageways and within urban areas
- Conduct visual inspections of tractor and trailer to complete pre/post trip inspections and perform preventative maintenance checks and services of truck and trailer. Report any malfunctions to supervisor and maintenance staff.
- Operate Electronic Log Device (ELD), ELD software, and maintain accurate records per local, state, and federal regulations, DOTs and ICCs laws as necessary.
- Ensure possession of all appropriate documentation, including registration and vehicle inspection reports.
- Submit to random drug test as prescribed by DOT regulations.
- Safely unload delivered merchandise at retail locations per bills of lading either manually by hand, or using a fork truck, two-wheeler or other powered industrial truck (PIT).
- Re-position merchandise not unloaded to ensure against breakage.
- May assist in loading or unloading vendor merchandise. May use hand dolly, hand jack, or rollers when moving merchandise to or from trailer.
- Support Operational Excellence and effectively participate in lean initiatives and problem solving activities as needed
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- 21 years of age minimum
- Minimum of two (2) years over the road tractor-trailer experience
- Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License) and favorable driving record upon hiring and ability to maintain throughout duration of employment
- Physically qualified under US DOT regulations (part 391)
- Ability to meet and maintain local, state, and federal regulations, DOTs and ICCs laws as required
- Ability to observe, follow, understand, and evaluate processes demonstrated and other workplace procedures
- Ability to meet safety, quality and service standards
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Three (3) months of fork or squeeze truck experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart and Solo brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Dart Container is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC /marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at Ext 3370 or email us at . Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call Ext 3390 or email us at for assistance.