Do currently work in Construction? Are you a Shuttering Carpenter or a Gang of Shuttering Carpenters within the civil engineering space and looking for a new opportunity? If the answers are yes, we have roles opening with a reputable civil engineering company in the Burgess Hill area.
- Role: Shuttering Carpenter / Gang of Shuttering Carpenters
- Location: Burgess Hill
- Contract type: Temporary (Full time)
- Start date: November 2021
- Duration: 12 months
- Pay rate: £230 per Day
- Fawkes & Reece contact: Aaron Lockwood (Brighton Office)
A well-established national civil engineering company that focuses on the highways, bridges, airports, sewage systems, pipelines, new build residential estates, commercial new builds and railways.
As the Shuttering Carpenter, you will be responsible for:
- Creating forms for bridges, foundations, beams and staircases
- Building structures on site using wood or putting together metal frames that have been made elsewhere
- Dismantling casts without damaging them, so that they can be used again
- Measuring, cutting, and shaping wood or metal
- Working closely with your team to pour concrete into moulds
- Checking work for accuracy
- Producing concrete blocks of exactly the right shape and size for whatever needs building.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working as a Shuttering Carpenter
- Ideally hold a CSCS skill card. If not, you must provide relevant references.
- Be able to work in a team or alone.
- Conscious of health & safety
To be successful in your application for this role you will have and be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- You will need a current and valid CSCS card or CPCS / NPORS CSCS
- Any of the following qualifications would be an additional benefit; abrasive wheels, manual handling, street works, first aid etc .
What to do next:
If this role meets your expectations and aspirations, please click the apply now link. If this one is not for you, but you would like to discuss other options or for us to act as an agent to secure you a new contract please do not hesitate to call Aaron on for a confidential consultation.