Jonathan Lee Recruitment are looking for a Snr. Project Manager (NPI/NPD) for a Global IoT / Green Energy company, please see below the details and requirements for the role below.
Lead technology development, customer and related projects and programmes to achieve stated aims including overall responsibility for planning, performance, quality and cost.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
- The Senior Project Manager will lead and support all aspects of the development and delivery of Portfolio & Technology projects, programmes and products.
- The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for establishing and managing; budgets, deliverables, milestones and timescales for the project or programme to ensure all requirements are met and customer expectations are exceeded.
- The Senior Project Manager will take the lead in ensuring that the programme/project governance is robust and that reporting lines and communication links are sound. They will be accountable for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders, third parties and other external bodies to ensure a positive outcome and be responsible for the performance of the project / programme team.
- Ensure knowledge and awareness of the vision of the programme is widespread within the company, as well as appropriate partnerships and key stakeholders.
- Ensure the attainment of stated Portfolio & Technology development and delivery programme goals & objectives
- Secure on Time, Cost & Quality deliverables for the project or programme
- Develop and deliver progress reporting of the assigned project or programme
- Monitor, sustain and develop the level of motivation and spirit within the project or programme team
- Extensive Project Management skills and experience
- Successful track record of managing complex international and cross functional programmes
- Experience of interfacing milestone governed programmes to Waterfall and Scrum Agile projects
- Management of multiple stakeholders, with a range of cultural backgrounds, frequently with English as a second language.
- Ability to manage from a distance, resources who work for other organizations.
- A self-starter with a determination to succeed balanced with appropriate tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communications skills and established team player with well-developed influence and relationship management skills.
Area of Responsibility
- Lead and direct the delivery of Customer focused projects, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee all project activities across all functional areas in terms of tactical decisions, day-to-day management, planning, senior escalations and reporting
- Provide full transparency with up to date project status
- Oversee all 3rd party support, covering requirements, costs, deliverables and contract performance related to the Programme
- Act as SPOC to the Customer and key stakeholders for all delivery matters
- Lead all planning, execution, reporting, sign-off and related escalation management
- Ensure all relevant governance meetings are held
- Contribute to written proposals and customer presentations/meetings
- Gain Customer confidence by demonstrating personal abilities in leading and directing projects
- Identify and manage risks/opportunities by proactive identification/implementation of appropriate control/improvement measures.
- Strictly apply change request process to provide full transparency and control.
- Support the continuous improvement process activities to achieve better results and eliminate errors long-term.
- Actively share lessons learned with others.
The experience this company is particularly looking for is below:-
- Taking over an existing Programme + Project(s) as we're moving from Proof-of-concept / Prototype phase
- Energy and/or Communication industry experience (preferred), or other highly regulated sector
- Experienced in driving complex NPD/NPI and SW projects to RTM and/or volume deployment
- Good understanding of both SDLC and HDLC, and their difference & dependencies
- Basic understanding/knowledge of Communication Security
- FW biased experience with HW+SW awareness (specific HW and SW deliverables may be managed by other Project Managers)
- Experienced with Onshore and Offshore Scrum Agile product development (managed by scrum masters)
- Experience of Agile delivery within a Gate driven (waterfall) governance framework
- Good understanding of Scrum team roles and responsibilities
- Experience working with Product Management (Drive requirements into Features) and Architects
- Risk Management. Project Delivery Planning. Budget estimation and management. Change management
- FW Bug Defect management
- Being part of the customer facing team
- Compiling and presenting periodic management reports
Suitably qualified and experienced Snr. Project Managers (NPI/NPD) should apply by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment (0) or by emailing their CV to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.