School Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (SLP-A)
- School Speech Language Pathologist Assistant position available to begin ASAP!
- Mt. View, California
- Full Time/30-35 hours per week
We value our associates and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled speech-language pathologists and educators. We hire Speech Therapists who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in speech therapy that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented SLP who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Director of Recruitment - Peds/School Division
Direct/Text - 828-293-8266
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the Speech Therapist Assistant is to assist speech-language pathologists in the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders.
- Administering speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment
- Assist with the development of goals and objectives for assigned clients
- Providing feedback to supervisor regarding trials for patients for recommending communication devices/aids as indicated
- Document client progress toward goals and objectives by preparing records, logs, goal sheets or other means of documentation
- Provide assistance to staff as needed and through consultation, training and various activities;
- Maintaining clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory
- Identifying patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate
- Instructing patient, family/caregiver, and other Organization health care personnel in the patient's treatment regime as indicated
- Daily Communication with clinical supervisor and Lead SLP
- Implement speech and language programs or activities as planned and directed by speech-language pathologists
- Monitor the use of alternative communication devices and systems
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of speech language pathology assistant with an Bachelor's Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Licensure: Current State License to practice Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience: One year experience as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant preferred.
- Skills: Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills.