Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: .
The Senior BI Developer is responsible for developing and designing BI solutions for Business Operations and clients. The ideal candidate will need to understand business and technical requirements and translate this into data integration designs and deliverables by working with BI stakeholders and data architect. The position requires experience in Microsoft BI environment and Azure data platform.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with business clients and stakeholders to develop both functional and technical specifications. Provide estimates and task planning as needed to support business cases and project prioritization
- Apply BI and SQL knowledge and experience to design, develop, update, and optimize reports, dashboards, scorecards that achieve business requirements
- Identify and communicate data quality and data reconciliation issues
- Build multi-dimensional or tabular data models for Data Warehouse.
- Design and implement ETL/ELT to support Data Warehouse data load.
- Stay updated with advancements and best practices in design and development.
- Provide production support and troubleshooting.
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Continuously tune and optimize SQL queries and ensures that code and other deliverables adhere to company standards.
- BA/BS in related field and 5+ years expert knowledge in data management, reporting, and data analysis
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft BI Stack, mainly SSRS and Power BI
- Strong SQL knowledge in writing SQL scripts and other database objects, and performance tuning skill
- Experience with ETL/ELT and SSIS
- Experience with Data Warehouse design and development
- Experience with managing large volume of data for data load and reporting
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies, principles, practices
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and demands
- Azure data platform and ML/AI background is a plus
- Healthcare background is a plus
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Compensation for this role is 80-115K but may vary based on education, skills, experience and location.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive