Distribution Systems Support Team Members provide support to various areas of distribution operations. This includes shipping, receiving and inventory control.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Enter verifications into the system in a timely manner.
- Follow all applicable safety and sanitation procedures.
- Enter identification numbers of processed purchase orders into scheduling database.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and availability to work the times, shifts, days and overtime as necessary.
- Deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner including cycle counts, audits and /or research discrepancies.
- Maintain tracking, reporting and filing systems.
- Audit outbound orders.
- Review batching information to verify shipping sequences.
- Monitor drops to ensure the customer receives the product ordered.
- Perform all aspects of the reset area including scanning and palletizing the product to processing damages.
- Maintain counts and monitor pallet needs for distribution center and communicate requirements jot supervision.
- Assist operations in monitoring voice selection to ensure drops/resets are completed for load departure.
- Flexibility in scheduling with the availability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Coordinate training of new personnel, as well as cross training of current staff.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects.
- HBC: Perform all aspects of the cigarette machine
- FFM: Work in a freezer warehouse environment with daily exposure to temperatures ranging from zero to -10 degrees Fahrenheit
Starting Rate of Pay
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.