GovCIO is a team of transformers--people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
This role is primarily remote, however the candidate must live in the DC Metro area to be able to visit the data center on an as needed basis.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our corporate computing environment.
The person will be part of a close-knit team that delivers computing services to company end-users. Specifically, the person will administer and manage the virtual computing technologies to enable users, storage allocation and operation, file system access management and control, and other related responsibilities. Additionally, the person will be responsible for the backup and recovery of all corporate computing functions.
They will support the implementation and testing of specific cyber security controls, under the guidance of our lead cyber engineer. They will work closely with our Enterprise Architect and other administrators/engineers to support the design and enablement of new or changed computing needs and will support independent audits of all these functions.
The person must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude who works effectively with their peers and users, has a strong sense of independence and ownership for the responsibilities they cover and be willing to step outside their lane to support the team as a whole. While the job is primarily conducted during standard work hours, the person must be able to address off-hour operational issues, system patching, and other actions that occur outside of normal hours.
- 8+ years of directly applicable experience
- College degree in computer science, engineering or comparable (or commensurate experience)
- Knowledge and experience of virtual machine creation and administration; specifically VMWare
- Knowledge and experience with developing, administrating and managing system backup and recovery processes; specifically VEEAM backup
- Knowledge and experience with administrating cloud-based/SaaS systems to enable users
- Knowledge and specific SCCM experience specifically with the management of patching processes and reporting
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities through research, collaboration and testing
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- 6+ years direct experience in systems administration
- Experience with systems architecture and design
- Knowledge of Dell, Nimble, AWS and Azure storage technologies/services
- Knowledge of or experience with network administration
- Experience with and/or knowledge of cloud systems administration
- Experience and knowledge of cyber security practices
- Experience with ISO 20k, 27k and/or NIST 800-171 controls
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate and effective system and user documentation
- SCCM experience with patch management and other operational support