The CCB Data Analytics & Reporting Team (DART) uses Big Data tools to understand the behaviors and preferences of our customers and specialists, and to identify trends, anomalies and opportunities within our businesses. When an anomaly or opportunity is identified, we conduct deep dives into the data to understand the root causes and make clear-cut recommendations to the businesses to help them improve customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and profitability.
As a Quantitative Analytics Associate - Data Developer
, your primary focus will be to help the visual developers tell stories with data. You will be responsible for creating the data that drives visual solutions and improves the stakeholders' ability to monitor their operations.
This role will include tasks such as developing and maintaining complex data sets, generating business intelligence reports and visualizations, and teaming up with peers on larger projects. You also will perform reporting duties and provide strategic leadership, fostering a highly productive and collaborative culture. Responsibilities
- Assemble large, complex data sets that feed analytic insights
- Perform statistical analysis on large data sets, leading to insights about improving the business, using tools such as Alteryx, R, Tableau, etc.
- Take a vaguely defined business challenge, and develop a plan, query for necessary data, and recognize patterns/opportunities in the data
- Ensure consistency by adhering to a set of style rules and guidelines
- Show the ability to create large data sets in order to maximize the performance of Tableau dashboards
- Demonstrate technical expertise to interpret reports, analyze data and recommend solutions
- Build solid business cases that justify and drive business decisions
- Recognize patterns and connections in information from different sources and show the ability to evaluate their business implications
- Communicate clearly with peers and managers on recommendations, improvements and initiatives
- Maintain composure and positive attitude during stressful situations
- Lead peers and supervisors in initiatives and delegate tasks appropriately
- Represent the team in interdepartmental projects, influencing agendas and project plans
- Work with peers to create useful reports and dashboards that provide insight, improve/automate processes, or otherwise add value to the team
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the following qualifications: Experience and education
- Bachelor's degree in data science, statistics, math or economics (preferred but not required)
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and become a trusted adviser
- Ability to translate technical details, observations and results into business language
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and oral
- Working knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Ability to quickly understand, extract and manipulate unfamiliar data environments
- Ability to query and display large data sets while maximizing the performance of Tableau workbooks
- Ability to perform statistical analysis on large data sets, leading to insights about improving the business, using tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, discrete datasets
- Highly developed problem-solving, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills
- An advanced statistical toolkit
- Understanding of advanced calculations and functions
- Ability to collaborate with peers and business leaders
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Able to translate problems and solutions into business-ready deliverables
Referral Bonus Available!!
- Curiosity, creativity and imagination
- A passion for data analysis, continuous learning and professional development
- Passion about visualization layout, color, appearance, and functionality
- Artifacts will be reviewed.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans